Chapter 49: Under The Willow Tree

Sunghoon isn't OSH.

How could you be this careless?

You had ignored your gut feeling about the photo, and now you were paying the price for it. You had rushed ahead, eager to complete your revenge, and in the process, you had made mistakes.

Mistakes that cost time.

More time than you were able to waste.

You had spent nearly two weeks focused on the fact that Sunghoon was OSH, not realising you were chasing the wrong man.

You'd gone on a wild goose chase.

And now, when finding OSH was even more important to you because Yoongi was in danger, you were stuck at the wrong house.

Chasing the wrong person, searching for the wrong clues.

Not only that, but now you were right back to square one.

Not knowing OSH's identity, and not having any of your files to help you find him.

I guess I'll have to look over that photo again.

You turned to face Jisoo, crestfallen.

"Unnie, we were wrong. Sunghoon isn't OSH. We've got the wrong person."

She bit her lip, nodding. "I was starting to think the same thing."

Sighing, you pressed your earpiece, contacting the other girls. "Well guys, there's nothing here. Mission's over, rendezvous at the cars. We're going back to look at that photo again."

A pause, then a crackle in your speaker.

"Wait, what? Why are we looking at the photo again? Didn't we decide Sunghoon was OSH?" Rosie asked.

"We were wrong," You replied. "We're running out of time. Come on, let's go."

After quick confirmation from the girls, you were headed out side.

Your mind was still buzzing in unbelief.

And also worry.

Because how would you find Yoongi now?

You had absolutely zero idea of where to look for him.

And what made it worse was that you knew he wouldn't he faring too well if he was with OSH.

You didn't even want to think of what OSH was doing with him right now.

The fact you couldn't do anything about it just angered you even more.

So when you got back to the warehouse, you didn't waste a second before looking at the photo of the maroon-clad figure on the screen.

Moments of silence passed as you and the girls stared blankly at the screen once more, trying to decipher the image in front of you.

However, because you had "identified" him previously, you could only see Sunghoon's face. It was as if your mind refused to accept the reality before you.

You couldn't recognise anyone else, though you knew it was not him.

Peering closer at the photo, you squinted your eyes.

Who is that??

"Annyeonghaseyo, jeoneun, bangtan sonyeondan hwanggeum maknae, Jeon Jungkook, imnida!! ... Anyeong-"

Cursing under your breath, you picked up your phone which was buzzing in your pocket.

Jungkook.

Jennie smirked at you, amused at your ringtone.