Chapter 46: Trust Is A Two-Way Street

Yoongi?!

You snapped your head up to Jin, who apparently hadn't seen your phone screen yet.

However, you didn't really have time to explain. 

You couldn't lose Yoongi.

You needed to talk to him.

Quickly answering the phone, you put it up to your ear.

"Oppa?! Where are you?! Are you-"

Beep, beep, beep.

And just like that, he was gone.

He hung up on you.

Distraught, you slowly turned your phone off and put it in your lap.

This was not good.

Jin looked at you, his face clouded. "Who was-"

"Yoongi," you interjected, deep in thought.

A pause before: "WHAT?!"

Startled, you snapped out of your thoughts. "Yeah... but he hung up after less than 5 seconds. Something is very bad..."

"No crap it's bad! He called you first, not me! Something's wrong."

You looked at him confused, a sting of hurt piercing somewhere deep in your heart. You knew it wasn't really something that should effect you, but at the same time, you were not emotionally stable at the moment. 

"Hey, he can reach out to me too, you know," you defended.

Jin waved his hand dismissively. "Yeah, I know, but usually when he needs help, he always calls me first. It's just strange, that's all."

"Maybe he just needs a different kind of help." You paused, thinking. "But that doesn't explain why he would hang up so fast."

You both sat in silence for a moment, mulling over all the possibilities of what was going on with Yoongi.

Why would he call me instead of Jin? As Jin said, it doesn't make sense. He's never called anyone else for help... so why me?

And why would he hang up? If he wanted help, wouldn't he want to talk about it?

"Maybe he just needs a different kind of help."

You had said it without thinking about it, but, given the circumstances, it was beginning to make sense. Your stomach began to churn as you sensed something was off.

Hold on... 

If he hung up so fast, maybe someone was watching him.

Maybe he's somewhere that he's not supposed to be, and he's not supposed to contact anyone otherwise-

No.

All the dots were lining up.

This was very, very, VERY not good.

As you sat there, pondering your thoughts, you were slowly coming to a conclusion.

A conclusion you really, REALLY didn't want to be reality.

Because if it was, you didn't know what you would do.

Because you weren't prepared. 

And if you weren't prepared, what would you be able to do?

You heart began pounding in your chest, breathing slowly becoming irregular as you came to the worst realisation possible.