Chapter 27: Growing a Moustache

You sat in the car, waiting for Taehyung to emerge from the front door of your house.

Your mind was running, but inside you were just as excited as he was to spend the night with him.

You hadn't done something like this for so long... it was as if some part of your soul was yearning for it to happen.

Maybe it was part of that special 'twin-bond'. 

But whatever it was, it was making you impatient.

Just as you were about to get out of the car to go find him, the door burst open.

Taehyung was combing his hair with his fingers as he shut the door with his foot, stumbling down the stairs towards the car.

He wrenched open the door, and sat heavily in the seat before hastily fastening his seatbelt.

"Calm your farm, you duffer," you chuckled, starting the car. "We have all night."

"Yes," he admitted, "but the time will pass by before you know it, we can't waste time."

You just shook your head, amused. "Alright then."

The car was silent for a moment as it cruised down and out of your street.

You glanced at Taehyung out the side of your eye.

He sat fiddling with his fingers in his lap, biting his lip slightly and staring straight ahead.

He wants to ask me something.

You sighed, saying, "Yes?"

He looked at you for a moment before speaking hesitantly. "So... like- where are we going? And what are we doing?"

Of course.

Why did you know he was going to ask this question?

You debated whether you should answer him or not. After a few seconds, you spoke.

"First, we're going for dinner. After that is a surprise."

His eyes lit up, but he tried to hide it. He licked his lips again, and then said, "Oh.... alright then. Where are we going for dinner, then?"

You just shook your head again, smiling. "You'll see," was your answer.

He sighed in defeat. "Fine then, be that way."

And before you knew it, the music was blaring from the speakers of the car.

You flinched in surprise, looking over at Taehyung with a glare only to find him head banging and playing the air guitar.

You smiled, and in no time, you were singing your heart out and having a full-blown karaoke session with you brother.

You hadn't had this much fun with him in years.

You couldn't describe the atmosphere other than simply saying...

The air was electric.