136. I WILL MARRY YOU AGAIN

Some months later.

All the members of the Dawson family mafia were still against Darian, but he knew what he wanted and he fought hard for it until victory was his.

After much deliberation, several meetings and many days of resentment, Isabella was finally accepted back into the family. She didn't associate with the members of the Dawson family because she was yet to gain back her memory to figure out exactly who they were and how harshly they treated her in the past. She only maintained her distance from them and didn't go beyond where Darian told her to go.

Lena rubbed her protruding tummy as she sat beside Darian on the divan in the lounge, it was late in the night and they were looking at the stars that aligned at the skies together, discussing how far they'd come in their relationship and how she was due for delivery in a few days.

Darian took Lena's hand and smiled, "How do you feel now?" He asked, his eyes not leaving her tummy. He couldn't contain his happiness, he already wanted to hold his baby in his hands. He'd been all excited since the Doctor told him about Lena's due date.

"Weak, I would say." She had been struggling for days. There were times she would feel the baby coming and would scream out so badly, Darian would rush her to the hospital and they would be told it was not yet time.

She'd been going through so much and sometimes she wished there were other ways to go about being pregnant.

"I know and that's why I am here with you and I am not leaving your side until you put to bed, Lena." He said with a reassuring smile on his lips. "I will be your shoulders, you can always lean on me."

"Darian, what if something urgent comes up?" She pouted.

"Nothing is more important than being with you, Lena."

"I love you, Darian. I love you a lot and I am glad we made it this far. We were strangers who couldn't tolerate each other but look at us now, lovers! I can't live a day without you, I will cease to exist, I don't want to imagine my life without you, Darian."

"Mine would be so incomplete without you in it, you are my whole world, Lena. I can never stop loving you." He said truthfully. He was intentional about her, only Lena meant the whole world to him, she was the only woman he'd completely given his heart to, the only woman he could love so much and be at peace with. "Every day with you feels like the best, my wife. Thanks for coming into my life." He gingerly heaved her closer, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. His lips lingered on her forehead as he savoured her warmth. "I love you." He bent a little to lick her earlobes, whispering into them, sweet words that she wanted to hear from him.

"I'm glad that you chose me as a repayment for my father's debt." She said jokingly.

"I wouldn't have if you weren't rude to me that day, I was mad at you and planned to punish you. I have been an asshole, haven't I?" He asked, chuckling.

"Yes, Darian. You've been an asshole, but I love you that way and maybe it wouldn't have gotten better if you weren't an asshole. You were brutal, Darian."

"And you were the only fierce one who dared to look into my eyes." He retorted.

"I wanted to walk with you."

"And now you are, Lena. You are walking through life with me and that's the best feeling ever, I wouldn't want this any other way, not with any other woman. If you are not the one, then I don't want to love."

She smiled softly, holding his hand in hers. "You this man, you drive me crazy and that was how you got me pregnant too."

Darian laughed and wriggled his head. "Having my baby will be the most beautiful gift I will ever get. You know, I am so lucky that the most beautiful gift that I will ever get is from the most precious human in my life, my beautiful wife."