126. HOW CAN I FORGET?

Lena took a close look at Isabella as she downed the coffee she served her. She dropped the cup on the slab that was attached to the hospital bed and peered over her shoulder to look at Lena.

Smiling, she picked up the cup again and sipped from it three more times before dropping it again. "How are you, Lena?" She asked.

Lena gave her a surprised look when she mentioned her name. She didn't expect it, Isabella hadn't said many words to her since she got out of the coma. She hadn't even mentioned her name and she somehow feared that she didn't know who she and Darian were anymore.

She stood to her feet, walking to sit on the bed. "Isa," she drawled, tears forming in the corner of her eyes. She gripped Isabella's hands and stared into her eyes. "You remember me?" She asked, pointing at herself.

"Yes, I do. Why would I forget you?" Isabella smiled, leaning against the wall. "I do remember you vividly, Lena."

"Why? If you remember me, why haven't you spoken to me for two days? I have visited you every day and talked to you, but you act like you don't know who I am." She frowned, folding her arms around her chest.

"Lena, your questions will make me think about the things I don't want to talk about. For how long was I unconscious?" She asked.

"Two weeks and two days and the Doctors kept telling us that you will be fine," Lena responded.

"Why didn't I just pass away when I was in a coma? I think it would have been better than staying alive to bear this whole pain."

"Don't say those words, Isabella. You wouldn't wish death for yourself." Lena took her hands and looked at her. "You have so many things to do here, my unborn baby needs you, I do need you and when Darian needs you too." She emphasized.

"Why would your husband need me?" Isabella was confused. She and Darian had never had a proper discussion since that time he yelled at her.

"He needs you for a lot of reasons, a whole lot of reasons that you are yet to know." Lena wished she could spill the beans already, she wanted to reveal everything to Isabella. She didn't fancy that Isabella couldn't recognize her son.

"I hope he doesn't yell at him again, I hate to see his face." Isabella smiled and Lena joined in.

"No, he will soon be here to see you. I am glad that you remember my name, I was so scared that you will forget about me." Lena said and Isabella shook her head. "Do you feel better?"

"Yes, I do. I am agile this morning. What about too?  How is the baby doing?"

Lena looked down at her flat tummy and smiled. Her tummy was so flat one would barely notice that she was pregnant until she told them she was.

"The baby is kicking."

"That's good. So, tell me, did you miss me? And what have you been doing since I have been in a coma?"

"I haven't been doing a lot, I just miss you so much and I pray that you get better every day."

"Your prayers were answered but I wish mine were answered instead. I do not want to live like this anymore. I have been miserable all my life, there has never been a time that I was truly happy. I don't want to be this way anymore, Lena." Tears rolled down Isabella's cheeks as she spoke to Lena. "I saw Raymond and he was calling me up to him, I want to be with him, Lena. There is no one else that I live for, I am always depressed, I can only be happy if I go over there to be with the only man I have ever loved in my life."

"No, Isa. Please don't say this anymore." Lena could see her pain from how dark her eyes were.
"There are people who appreciate you and want you to be with them. Like my family, Isabella, we love and need you to stay with us."

"I think that's why I held on. You prayed and hoped even though I didn't want to do it."

"Isabella, you will be fine, trust me." Lena pressed her lips together and said, "It's been a whole lot of years, Isa. Why do you still think of him, I mean Raymond. Why is your whole life about him when he's dead?"

"He was my world and I loved him so much but we had too many adversaries. Too many people didn't want us to be together and they succeeded. They took my son away from me and took my love away from me too. Tell me, Lena. How can I forget about him, how can I forget about all of these? In years to come, he will be on my mind and I will always cherish him. He did all he could do because he wanted to protect me and the unborn baby. He was the happiest man when he got to know that I was pregnant but it was ephemeral. Everything we did before we separated was all a dream, a very bad one." Isabella wiped her tears with her thumb.

"I am sorry about all of these. Do you think your son is still alive, Isabella?" She asked.

"I do not know, Lena. They took him away from me when he was very little, but I hope he's happy if he's still alive."

"Isabella, I think your son is still alive and you will meet him soon."

"What and how do you mean, Lena?"

A knock at the door interrupted them, Lena looked at Isabella and wondered if she had flopped by saying those words to Isabella when Darian had told her not to talk about it.

"I will get the door, could be the Doctors." Lena walked towards the door to open up. "Darian?" She widened her eyes in shock and moved back.
"Come in, Darian." She said, smiling at her husband.

Faithy💓