19. SEX?

19. SEX?

She could see clothes hung around her wardrobe but she was reluctant to wear one. She didn't want to listen to him, he could not always have his way whenever he wanted it. 

"We are running late," Darian glanced at his wristwatch. 

"Whatever," Lena murmured, still rummaging through her closet for a dress. She stopped at one, picked it up, and veered around to look at Darian. "You know what?" She started.

"What?" Darian retorted, his eyes on the new pistol he just got. He was loading some bullets in it, he loaded three and cracked the gun. Lena flinched at the sound, and shifting back, Darian smiled. "I won't kill you, you know?" He said,  "What do you want to talk about?"

"You commanded Tina and Harrison to bring back my things into this room without my consent. I am still mad about that, and now you're commanding me to go with you to the casino. I am not consenting to it, I don't want to go, Darian. I don't want to do the things you want me to do, I want to do what I want to do!" She tossed the dress on the bed. "You should let me live my life since I'm just repaying your debt to you." She glared daggers at him.

"Hmm," he reclined on the bed. "We are married, aren't we?" He directed her.

"I don't know, I should ask you. You made it clear to me that you married me because my father owes you." She perched on the bed. "You know sometimes, I wonder why you married me. We've never kissed, had sex, or done anything intimate. Oh, you married me because my father owes you." She bit her lips, regretting why she talked about kisses and sex. He would think she wanted him, but she didn't. Or maybe she did; the light kisses he gave her on her forehead, the brushing of his lips on hers, and his gentle grip on her sometimes sent her sense running amuck. She shook her head, refusing to dwell on those gestures, her heart beating so fast was just a result of overproduced adrenaline and nothing more.

"Sex?" He squinted his eyes and they rested on Lena.

She gaped at him, that was not the only thing she talked about. Why did he hold onto that? She quickly looked away.

"You want us to have sex?" He asked her again.

"I think I should just dress up," she grabbed her dress and ran into the bathroom. She hated how his eyes flickered in excitement as he talked about sex. 

She wore the dress and stared at herself in the mirror. Heaving a sigh, she placed a hand above her head and leaned on the tiled wall. She wasn't sure if she wanted to work at the casino or do some other jobs aside from teaching but now, she had no choice but to go with the flow.

She rubbed her chest with her left hand, tears dripping from her eyes as she stared into the mirror. She never thought there would be a day she would be faced with making this decision. She was excited when Darian told her he got her a job, only because she was happy she would start working to make her own money. She never really thought about the job until Lisa mentioned it to her over the phone.

Thinking through it all, the Mafia was not safe and she didn't want to involve herself but she had no choice now that she was hooked with the boss of the Mafia, she had to blend with it.

"We won't meet Talia if you keep wasting time in there," Darian yelled out. She heard his voice and smiled; he was sometimes so soft she would want to be with him, wrap herself around his large arms and just spend time with him but he was vicious other times, so harsh she wouldn't even want to stay around him. Yet, she couldn't resist him.

She wiped the tears off her face and waddled back into the bedroom. She was walking to get her shoes on when Darian suddenly grabbed her arms. Her heart did the thing of skipping a beat again, she stayed still and didn't turn to look at him, she loved the feel of his warm hand on her skin.

He pulled her closer, moving his hand around her back. Lena closed her eyes, biting her lips as she felt a wetness between her legs. 

"Why do you find it hard to wear your clothes in front of me?" He asked, pulling her zipper up. She had forgotten to do that before leaving the bathroom. "You forgot to pull your zipper," he said and let go of her. "Or do you just want me to gawk at your bare back and maybe we could have sex as you implied before, huh?" He winked at her.

"What?" She widened her eyes. "I wasn't thinking right and please can you stop talking about sex?" She pleaded with her eyes.

"You started it, didn't you?" He asked, mainly to taunt her.

"Oh yes, I did. I was just making a point and didn't mean it, okay?" She scoffed, hurrying to wear her shoes. She looked at Darian and shook her head; she was certain he would still tease her about the sex. She regretted bringing it up, she wasn't ready for sex, and talking about it to Darian was useless. But she just wanted to prove a point. Bouncing her head, she ambled to the mirror side and sat on the dressing chair to apply some makeup to her face.

"I warned you before about the women who work at the casino. They are not to be trusted, don't trust them, and be sure you know them well enough before agreeing to be friends with them." He said to her.

"Noted. I think I should get a big book and pen down some words as you teach me what to do at the casino." She rubbed the lipgloss on her lips and smudged the lips together. "The rules of the Dawson Family's Casino," she clapped her hands. "That will be very nice, you know?"

"You can start it," he responded dryly.

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes at him. Standing from the chair, she looked at herself and back to Darian. Then she realized they had the same colour of clothes on, both wore white. "Oh my God, I am not doing this with you." She ran back to pick a new dress from the closet.

"What do you mean?" He asked confusingly.

"I am not matching with you!" She yelled at him, and her hands stopped on a green dress. She grinned, looked at him, and ran back into the bathroom to change into the green dress.

Darian sighed, he knew he was in for something difficult, something more difficult to handle with harshness. He sat on the bed, resorting to letting her take all the time she wanted, his yells wouldn't matter to Lena after all; she always did whatever she had on her mind to do, and he could never stop her.

Faithy💓