135. DALA

"Hey," Lena tapped Darian but he didn't respond to her. Tossing around on the bed, he faced the other side and pulled the duvet over his head, deterring her from seeing his face. "Darian," squinting, she wondered what was wrong with her husband. "Darian, are you good?" She wasn't having it, his silence made her so uncomfortable, and she was so eager to know what went wrong with him.

He had been in a mood since he got back from work that evening and that was affecting her whole evening.

Darian yanked the duvet off his body, sitting straight on the bed. He looked over to see Lena's worried face, he wriggled his head and looked away from her.

"Darian, did I do something wrong to you?" She asked but he didn't give her a word. "Darian," she touched him, he jerked away from her hold and she shook her head in confusion. "What's wrong with you? What happened at work?" She was concerned about him.

"Never mind, Lena. I just want to be alone." He got off the bed, heading towards the doorpost. Lena was heavy, she couldn't stand immediately, but she tried to heave herself up and followed after him.

Darian opened the door and left the room, going towards his study room. "Darian," Lena called, hurrying after him.

He was about to shut the door to the study when Lena held it back. Glaring at him with fury, she raised her voice at him. "What the heck is wrong with you, Darian? Why do you keep ignoring me?" Her voice cracked like she was about to cry. "Why have you been ignoring me? Why won't you talk to me about what's wrong with you? When did we become strangers that we can't share our worries anymore, huh? Darian?" She touched his shoulders.

"Lena," he called wearily. "I just want to be alone, please."

She glared at him and said. "Why do you want to be alone? Do I bug you? Do you hate me so much that the sight of me irritates you? How can you tell your pregnant wife that you want to be alone? Is that how much you despise me?" She let out sniffles, trying to hold back tears that threatened to fall from her eyes. She looked at him, studying his every move as he sat on the armchair, picked up a book and flipped through the pages. He wasn't ready to talk to her and she loathed that, she wanted him to tell her what was wrong with him. She was certain she could soothe him if he told her about it. "Are you going to ignore me, Darian?" The tears poured out when the pain was unbearable for her. She could hold back and bear everything, but she dreaded whenever Darian didn't want to talk to her.

He turned around to look at her when he heard the faint sounds of her sobs. He hated it when she cried and he loathed it more whenever she cried because of him.

"You don't have to do that, Lena. You don't have to cry." He grumbled, scratching his head. He knew he'd have to soothe her if she continued like that. "I am fine, okay? I just have to think about some things and I need some time alone." He said in a soft voice.

Wiping tears from her eyes, she nodded her head and stared at him. He held her gaze and tears spilled down her face again, "I will leave now, it's fine if you don't want to talk to me." She veered towards the door, taking a slow step forward.

Darian sighed, he couldn't leave his wife in that state, not especially when she was pregnant and needed him around.

He hurried towards Lena, grabbing her arms before she could walk out of the door. He looked at her and pulled her closer to his chest. "I love you," he whispered into her ears, "I love you so much, Lena and I don't you want to cry." Rubbing his fingers against her cheeks, he wiped off the tears that stained her wet cheeks.

"Why don't you want to talk to me? It hurts that you are ignoring me." She buried her head in his shoulders like a baby. Darian was her entire life, she loved him so much, too much and she wasn't ashamed to let him know that she did. "You've been pushing me away and you know that I want you." She mumbled in a childish tone that made Darian giggle.