83. SO MANY THINGS YOU CAN DO TO MAKE ME FEEL GOOD

"I am sorry, Lena. I was so selfish, I didn't think of you before going with Harrison." Lisa hugged Lena on the couch, ruffling her hair. "Do you forgive me?" She asked, squinting her puppyish eyes.

"Hmm, did you have a good time with him?" Lena asked slyly. "Don't lie to me." She glared at Lisa who hung her head lowly, a small smile playing on her lips. She looked up at Lena and nodded her head in affirmation. "Good, that's what I want to hear from you. What are your plans for him?"

"Common, it was just a fling. I don't have anything serious in mind towards him, duh." She hissed.

"So, you used him, huh?" Lena grinned. "Wait, does Darian know about this? Did you tell him anything about what happened between you two?" She covered her mouth, her eyes twinkling in anticipation of Lisa's answer to her question. She knew she was smart and would manoeuvre her answer if Darian asked her.

"I told him we went to get something. Don't worry, he didn't dwell too much on that, he was dead worried about you. That man is madly in love with you, Lena. You need no soothsayer to tell you that." She fanned herself, crossing her legs on top of each other. She had changed her clothes into one of Lena's pyjamas; they were the same size and wore the same sizes of clothes—more reason they valued their friendship.

"I was scared though," Lena ignored Lisa's talks about Darian. "But I knew he would come for me, he always does. He's my knight in shining armour, I wouldn't have wished for anyone better." She blushed, hugging herself like a baby.

"Don't you think you should be with him tonight?" Lisa asked.

"He's busy, he has a lot to do." Lena sat properly on the couch, folding her arms between her legs. It was midnight already, and Lisa had kept her awake all night, apologising and telling her how scared she was when they couldn't find her.

"I know that man is going through so much. Have you noticed his weary eyes?"

"His eyes are weary?" Lena gasped. "He doesn't sleep so much. I told him to stop working too much but he wouldn't listen to me. What do you think I should do?" She looked at her friend, seeking her advice as a writer.

"Just go in there and meet him."

"I know, what will I do after that?"

"Same thing I was doing with Harrison when you got kidnapped." Lisa let out a nasty giggle. "It will make him feel better, just go in there and soothe him, baby girl. I have a book to read on my phone." She got up and patted Lena's back before staggering into the guest room Lena had reserved for her.

Lena crouched on the couch, swinging her body sideways. She thought of Lisa's words and felt it was right to listen to her. She hurriedly wore her slides, heading to Darian's study.

She peeked through the door and saw his mouth moving; he was on a call. She smiled, walking gingerly into the study room.

"Get the information of all the companies that are involved in the contract we withdrew from. I know it is an underground deal but I want you to meticulously work on it and get back to me, I am counting on you, please don't let me down." He said a few more words and dropped the call. He puffed his cheeks and heaved a tired sigh.

"Hey," Lena called, walking towards him. He looked at her and nodded his head. "You are still working."

"And why are you up? You should be sleeping." He countered. "The Doctor said you should get a lot of rest, why are you roaming the house?"

"I am worried about you, Darian." She lowered herself on the chair. "I heard about the contract, I know you withdrew from the bidding. I am sorry about that, it happened because of me." She bent her head and fiddled with her fingers.