47. YOU ARE THE BRIGHTEST STAR IN MY SKY

Lena hated that Darian was spending too much time on the laptop. She made noise with her voice, singing songs that didn't rhyme with each other, just to get his attention, but he was too busy. When her noise became too much, he inserted AirPods in his ears to deter the noise from disturbing him.

She prowled the bedroom, looking for nothing in particular. Her main aim was to distract him, but still, she failed. Work must be taking his time, she figured he needed to focus. She stopped pacing the room and plopped on the king-sized bed.

Peeking at him as he typed, she wished he would take her in his arms. She rolled on the bed, struggling to sleep. She continued to toss around until she whirled out of bed and landed on the tiled floor.

"Ouch," she winced in pain, kneading her butt with her hands.

Darian immediately put a halt to what he was doing. "Are you fine?" He asked. When she didn't give a response to him, he went over to where she was sprawled out on the floor, he bent over and looked into her eyes. "Why did you fall off the bed? What will I do with you?" He murmured, scratching his head.

"My arms and butt hurt. Just help with my arms, I can manage the pain in my butt." She said, smiling secretly. She just achieved her aim.

He jerked her arms gingerly, rolled the sleeve of her pyjamas, and rubbed her arms. She loved it, that was the attention she'd been seeking, she pretended to be in pain while Darian helped her to straighten her sprained ankle.

When he was done with both hands, he crouched next to her.

"I knew you were trying to distract me."

"No, I wasn't. I was searching for my hairband, I left it somewhere in the room. I don't know where." She said sharply.

"Your hairband?" He giggled lightly.

"Yeah, that was what I was searching for." She said firmly.

"I see," he took her hand and raised it. "Are you talking about this?" He pointed at the hand that was on her wrist. "You were looking for something that's on your wrist?"

Lena gritted her teeth and snickered, "I didn't know it was here." She was embarrassed he caught her. "Do you ever check your Instagram messages? I sent you a ton of messages, but you have never replied to any of them." She frowned, slipping his phone out of his pocket, she handed it over to him. "You should check now and reply to my messages."

"I forgot about the Instagram shit," he glanced down at his phone, paying attention to the messages that popped on the screen. "Darian, you should chat more with your wife. Darian, give a response to my messages. Darian, have you seen this movie? Can we see it together when you are less busy? Darian, oh! You just got a new follower. Oh my gosh! She's hot but don't ever reply to her messages. Darian, you do remember that you are my husband right? Darian, do not check out those girls' pictures, I have hot pictures I can send to you." He stopped reading, sighing in frustration, he looked at her and quirked his brows. "Is this what people do on Instagram? Bug their partners with messages? Gosh, I can't even read them all."

"I was bored," she said unapologetically. "You should reply to all the messages I have sent you, okay?"

"I am not doing this shit with you. How do I get rid of this Instagram from my phone?"

"No, Darian! Don't do that." She whined. "Okay, I will stop bugging you with messages."

"What hot pictures were you talking about? Can I see them?" He turned to face her.

Lena quickly glanced away before he could meet her eyes. "Never mind," she said shyly. She had no hot pictures on her phone, she didn't even know how to pose for pictures. Lisa had taught her a few styles but she didn't learn them well. She took more selfies, not a single hot picture was on her phone. "I was just bluffing, I don't have them."