73. THE NEW SECRETARY

73.  THE NEW SECRETARY

"Come in," Darian ordered whoever was at the door to his office to come in. Seconds later, he heard coordinated footsteps approaching him, he slowly lifted his head to a brunette in a skimpy blue dress that revealed too much skin.

A smile played on her plump lips as she walked toward Darian. He studied her, shaking his head, that wasn't the kind of dressing he'd like for his secretary.

"Good morning, sir." She grinned heavily, revealing her one-sided facial dimple.

"Who are you," Darian asked in a serious voice. His eyes begrudgingly ogling her body.

"I am Molly, your new secretary." She introduced herself, still smiling. "I have been here for a while but I am yet to meet you. I heard you've been off and I am here to meet you since you are back." She said.

"I see," Darian twirled a pen in between his fingers. "Were you given the handbook that contains the dress code when you were employed here?" He asked her, glancing through a file Molly brought into the office.

"Yes, I was given," Molly answered him.

"So, did you read through?" He stopped glancing at the files and darted his eyes at her. "I am sure you didn't read through, because if you had, you would notice that I don't allow skimpy dresses," he pointed his forefinger at her, wriggling it up and down, "like the one you are wearing now." He completed the sentence.

Molly bowed her head shyly. "I am sorry, sir." She mouthed in a trembling voice. "I will dress better henceforth." She pulled down her dress that was slightly covering her butt. She had purposely worn that dress when she heard she'd be meeting with the CEO, but things didn't go as planned for her, she thought, smiling to conceal the nervousness within her.

"Better," Darian said. "What other files do I have to attend to?"

"Nothing else," she said, looking into the tablet in her hand to check for his daily schedules. "Shall I call out your schedule for today?" She asked him.

"Yes please," he urged her with his hands, listening attentively as she called out his schedules. As always, they were so tight leaving him no room for rest at all, but he smiled when he thought of Lena and the party she would attend with him tonight.

"An email was sent to the company this morning, it's about bidding for the state contract. Our company and three other competitors were selected for the bidding process." Molly read out from the tablet. "But before then, the investors want you all to have a meeting on Sunday. Seven in the evening at Wall Street, New York City."

"What's the contract about?" Darian stared at her, befuddled. "And what are the names of the other companies involved in this bidding?"

"Nothing else was stated here, sir. It's just an email to let you know about the meeting."

Darian nodded his head. He understood her better now, he knew that something related to the Mafia and he was sure other companies involved were also Mafia families. He smiled, certain he would nail the deal as usual.

"What other thing is on the list?" He looked at her, trying not to fix his gaze on her well-toned legs. He didn't know why he did that, but he compared Lena's legs to hers and he subconsciously preferred and found Lena's more attractive to him.

"Don't forget to eat lunch," Molly said, "That's the last thing on the schedule list, sir." She said, waiting for Darian to dismiss her.

"Don't forget to eat?" He asked and immediately, he chuckled when he remembered Lena was the one who compelled him to include it in the lists of all his schedules. He had listened to her and made sure he always added.

"Yes," Molly furrowed her brows in confusion. She didn't understand why Darian was chuckling.

"That's all for today, sir."

"You can go," Darian said.

Molly took some steps forward but he stopped her. "You should go through the handbook that contains the dress code if you want to last here. I do not condone indiscipline, I work effectively too and I need your cooperation."

"I will do my best to make sure that I don't disappoint you." She assured him with a refreshing smile.

"Good, you can leave now." He said and she walked out of the office immediately.

-

-

-

Darian was on his way to the company cafeteria when he bumped into Jay in the hallway.

"Why are you here?" Darian queried.

"Boss, I have something to tell you." Jay started roughly. He stared into Darian’s eyes, shaking his head.

Darian frowned, he despised the emotional faces Jay was giving him. "What do you want to talk about?" He bit his lips.

"Your mom, she fell ill and needs urgent care." Jay dropped.

"That woman?" He asked.

"Yes, the woman we found as your mother, she's ill."

"What have you done about this?" Darian sighed. He was angry there was an emotion that surged through him whenever his mother was mentioned. He had tried to never think of her as his mother, but he couldn't. She might have neglected him, but he still had a soft beat in his heart whenever Jay brought news about her and like right now, his heart was beating, he was scared something serious would happen to her. He didn't want to care about her, but he couldn't help it.

"I just got a call from her maid and I decided to let you know about it too." Jay walked alongside Darian as they headed towards the elevator that led to the floor where the cafeteria was located.

"Treat her, send enough money for her treatments." Darian got to the front of the elevator, he clicked the third floor and they entered.

"I will do that," Jay said. "There is something else the maid discussed with me, boss."

"What's that?" Darian sighed, he was getting impatient now. He didn't like that Jay was discussing too much about his mother.

"Your mother has been asking her questions about the people behind the things we have been doing for her. She wants to meet you, boss." Jay bowed his head when he glimpsed the scowl on Darian's face.

The elevator stopped, the door sliding open. Darian stepped out and turned back to Jay, drooping his hands in his pockets, he said. "She can't see me." With that said, he walked out of Jay, leaving him to handle the situation all by himself.

Jay groaned as he looked at Darian's retreating figure. He wondered why he was doing so much for her if he didn't want to meet her. Pressing his phone to his ear, he put a call out to the maid to ask her how much money would be needed for Darian's mother's treatments.

Faithy💓