70. I HAVE AMNESIA

70. I HAVE AMNESIA

The next morning, Lena woke up with a terrible headache. Her head was banging hard like a marathon was taking place in there.

She groaned in pain, tossing around on the bed. She bemoaned her bragging about being a heavy drinker last night.

"Darian," she pressed her palm to the bed, moving to the side of the bed Darian occupied, but he wasn't there. "Oh," she groaned again.

"Oh, what have I done to myself?" She managed to sit up, shifting closer to the headboard, she rested her back as her eyes roamed the room in search of her husband. She wondered where he was. Trying to recall the things that happened before she got drunk, it was vague, she only remembered that he was telling her about how he invited that crew to give them a private performance. She wasn't sure of the things she said to him, and she hoped she didn't spew too much nonsense.

Darian walked into the room with a coffee cup in his hand, he dragged his feet until he was right in front of her. "You are awake," he said, placing the cup on the stool. He perched on the edge of the bed, mindfully regarding her with a small smile. "Do you have a hangover? You had too much to drink last night. You lied that you could drink so well, but only got tipsy on the first bottle."

Lena smiled shyly, "Did I?" She asked him.

He nodded in response.

"How did I get home? I don't remember anything anymore, I feel like I have amnesia. Did something happen to my brain? Were these the clothes I wore to the tavern? And you?" She jerked her fingers at him. "Who are you?"

Darian huffed a breath, "You do have amnesia, but this coffee will help you get over it. Do you not remember who I am?" He touched his chest, blinking his eyes at her. He knew well that she was being sarcastic, and he liked that. He handed the coffee to her after stirring.

"No, I don't." She took the coffee cup from him and downed the content at a go. "You look like my husband, are you?" She stifled laughter.

"No, I am not. He sent me here to give this coffee to you. I will take my leave now." Darian picked up the cup and playfully bowed his head to her. "Do call on me if you need my service next time," he turned around.

"Hey, Darian, don't go?" Lena yelled.

"I thought you said you don't remember who I am." He smiled, dropping the cup back on the stool.

"The coffee worked, I just remembered who you are. My husband, right?" She asked him.

"Yes, Mr handsome." He added, reminding her of her shenanigans the night before. "You announced to the whole of New York that I am your husband and I am proud of that." He smirked at her, watching as her jaw dropped in surprise. She didn't remember the things she did last night.

"When was that?" She laughed at her stupid act.

"While coming back home, you made the announcements on the streets. You should be a newscaster, you know?" He said teasingly.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I am never drinking again." She covered her face with her palm, embarrassment flushing her face. "I must have looked so stupid."

"I didn't see that, you were on my back the whole time." Darian smiled.

"Oh," she threw her hand back in laughter. She didn't believe all that happened.

"Yes. You were too light when I carried you, and I decided to start feeding you. What would you like to eat this morning before we leave the house?" He questioned her, his eyes fluttering as he scanned the whole of her body. They rested on her chest, he smiled when he noticed that she was still wearing his jacket from last night. It was cold when they got back home and he didn't want to wake her up, so he left the jacket on her body until morning.

"Leave for where?" She creased her eyebrows, confused. Darian didn't tell her they were going somewhere that morning.

"We have a meeting in the family house," he said. Lena nodded her head nonchalantly, he understood the gesture but didn't talk about it.

After about two minutes of silence, she looked at him and said, "Is it compulsory that I go with you?" Her eyes were slightly raised and her lips were twisted in a frown. "I don't want to go with you." She said, folding her arms against her chest.

"Lena, I want you to come with me." He said in a reserved tone. "The truth has been established, and I want to reveal it to them today. You deserve an apology too and I want you to get that from everyone in the Dawson family." He persuaded her.

"I do not need their apologies, I can let this slide. Please, Darian, I don't want to come with you." She stated frantically. She was still hurt about everything that happened to her.

She could still remember the chagrined expression on everyone's faces the day she was accused of poisoning Gaius, they all stared at her with berating eyes like she was a criminal. None of them showed up while she was in the dark room, no member of the Dawson family could vouch for her, and the person she least expected to show up for her did. Amy, who wasn't a member of the family, was the only one who visited her in the dark room.

"You are married to me and that makes you a Dawson. You are a member of the family, Lena." He reminded her.

She looked away from him. He was right and she'd always be a member as long as she was married to Darian.

"Er, can you change your surname?" She asked.

Darian chuckled, "That's not possible, wifey." He stood up and kissed her hair. "Get ready, I will be in the gym." He clutched the cup with his palm and took a step forward. He turned back and smirked at her. She smiled softly, shoving him out of the room with her hands. She knew she had to go with him, there were no two ways about it but to attend the family meeting.

Sorry for the short chapter.

Faithy💓