124. THREAT

Darian made sure all the members of the Dawson family were present before he proceeded with the reason he called a meeting for the second time that day. He could see the scowls on their faces as they stared at him, but he cared less about them or whatever they had in their minds.

"Why was this impromptu meeting summoned, Darian?" Gaius was the first to ask a question. He looked up to where Darian was seated on the throne chair and quirked his eyebrows.

"There is something important that I would like to tell you about." Darian cleared his throat. Trepidation threatened to eat up his mind, but he shook it off, he was far better than the fears. He was the Don and whatever he said was the right one. "I met with someone recently. Someone you all know." He got up and walked around the room, roaming from table to table.

"Who is that?" Judson asked when Darian halted his steps in front of him.

Darian chuckled. "You've never talked about my mother."

Gaius's bewildered look gave him away, he shifted uncomfortably on his chair and glared at Darian. "Your mother? How about her?" He spat very angrily, his eyes burned with fury.

"There are so many things about her, Gaius!" Darian hit the table to calm Gaius' nerves. "So many things but you kept me in the dark for years!"

"Did you bring us together to talk about a dead woman?" Judson countered his words.

"Dead?" He scoffed. "I see."

"Darian, Isabella is an enemy. The last time we heard about her, she was dead." Gaius said, fuming in anger. All members were quietly seated on the chair, paying attention to what the three men who led the Dawson family mafia were talking about.

Darian glared harder at Gaius. "My mother is not dead and that's why I called this meeting. To let you know that she's safe and sound and not an enemy to me. I don't know what she did to you that made you tag her an enemy."  He looked at their faces, hoping for an answer, a reasonable one but none of them talked about it. "I am here to let you know that she's alive, I will no longer hide this from you all, but here I am passing out a warning."

Judson was shocked. "What warning?"

"I don't want anyone from the family to visit me without permission. I know some of you are already out there thinking of how to get and hurt my mother. But don't, don't hurt her because I swear that I will kill anyone who comes close to my family."

"Darian, Isabella is an enemy and she should be killed!" Humming sounds soon filled the room, and the men were agreeing with Gaius's words. "It is written that an enemy should be killed."

"I may have been blinded to many things, but I won't be blinded to why you call that woman a criminal. What were the crimes she committed before you judged her, threw her out and took her child away from her? What could she have done that was so abominable and lethal that made you feel she's not worthy to be here? I need answers!" He sat back on the throne chair, his eyes scrutinizing the hall. He was trying to recall the few moments he had spent with Isabella and how those moments were. "I need answers from you, and now is when I need them!"

"Darian, I think that woman has bewitched you. I am surprised that you will ever take sides with an enemy." Gaius shook his head.

"Someone has to do something before he can be termed an enemy," Darian growled, scaring the other men who hadn't said a word since the meeting began.

"Darian, she's an enemy and that stands. You are the boss and you do know what happens to people who take sides with the enemy, don't you?"

Gaius said, a small smug smile playing on his lips. "The history we had with Isabella was bad enough and we did her good by not killing her then. But what are you doing now? Taking sides with an enemy." He shook his head disappointedly.

Darian wondered if Gaius was just pretending to be cruel because everyone was present or if that was the other side of him that he was yet to see. He knew Gaius and he thought he'd seen all his sides but this cruel side was new to him.

"Her mistake was falling in love with my father, wasn't it?"

"She didn't just fall in love with him, she ruined him, ruined his life and made him completely useless and you call that love?" Gaius scoffed.

"I would have let you lecture me on love if I was new to it," Darian said, remembering Lena and the things they've been together. "You separated them because you thought they weren't fit for each other and when she left, you accused her of ruining his life." He clasped his hands together, staring at everyone's faces in the hall.

"Darian, Raymond was never meant to be with a woman like Isabella." Gaius altered again.

"Do you realize that a woman like Isabella is my mother, the one who birthed me?" He asked Gaius.

"I think this meeting will end here, Darian. Cut whatever ties you have with her, she's an enemy and it doesn't matter if she's your mother or not. An enemy will always remain an enemy and you are prohibited from mingling with her according to the rules of the Dawson family mafia, which you can't disobey as the Don."

"I have let you have your way, Gaius. But now, I am the one in charge and I will do whatever I deem fit to do. I will take Isabella as my mother, I will form a bond with her and accept her back into my life and there is nothing anyone from the family can do about that!" He stated frankly, standing to his feet. "I will kill anyone who tries to act funny with me. It's not a threat, it's a warning, Gaius." Darian wagged his fingers in front of him before flouncing out of the hall.

Jay followed behind, heading towards the spot the car was parked. He rushed to get the door for his boss, when Darian was seated, he slipped into the car and asked. "Where are we heading?"

"I want to see my wife," Darian said and Jay got it. His wife was in the hospital with Isabella and that was where he wanted to be.

Faithy💓