40. CARIBBEAN CUISINES

Lena was all smiles as she sat in the car waiting for Darian to come to get the door for her.

He had asked her to wait behind him while he walked her out of the car and into the restaurant. She was happy he was giving her the princess treatment she had always wished for, it was too good to be true and she was ready to savor every good moment she would spend with him.

He linked their arms as they stepped into the restaurant he had booked for them to have lunch. It was weekend; he had all the time in the world to spend with her.

"I don't know if you'd like it here, I have been here just once for a business lunch and I must confess that they have good taste in everything." He said, leading her towards the entrance.

"Thanks for thinking about me," Lena gripped her long blue sleeveless gown with her fingers and walked meticulously, her heels clanging against the tiled floor. She felt she was overdressed for a lunch date but Tina assured her she looked great and Darian wanted her to look hot that way.

They were welcomed in by a host at the entrance, he asked for their reservations and led them to their suite.

Darian thanked him, grabbing Lena's hands he directed her to the Missouri back chair, they perched down at the same time. Lena smiled, she loved the atmosphere around, it was cozy. A solemn love song played in the background, she jiggled her head to the beats, giggling. The beaming lights from the chandelier shone brightly upon her face, and Darian couldn't help but appreciate how beautiful she looked.

"Did you make an order already?" She asked him, her eyes roaming the part of the restaurant they were in.

"I did, the waiter will soon be here." He placed his hands on the mahogany table that was covered with white linen.

"How will they know we are here?" She asked again, flipping her hair to the side.

"I told the host I  met at the entrance, he would inform them and our table number has been occupied too. I chose a table," he explained to her.

"Thank you. Darian, why didn't you show me the matching pyjamas you got for us?" She secretly laughed.

"Oh, that? That wasn't what I ordered. I told the vendor to get me something beautiful for a beautiful woman and her partner. She asked for her size and I gave out descriptions, I had no idea she was going to deliver matching pyjamas and slides." He shook his head, unimpressed.

"They are so cute, I can't wait to rock them with you." Lena giggled.

"I won't wear them, trust me that I won't. I don't wear matching outfits with people."

"I am your wife and not somebody," Lena rolled her eyes. "I love them and I will wear them. You have no idea that I can slip the clothes over your head while you are sleeping." She touched the necklace he gave to her. Smiling, she looked down at it and admired it for a brief moment.

"Your orders are here," the waiter and waitress announced. They stood in front of them with platters of food in their hands. They set the tray in the middle of the table and uncovered the stainless bowl that was used to coat the food.

Lena gasped at the sight of the different delicacies she saw. She was trying to process them when the waitress pulled a rose flower and handed it to her.

"We give flowers to couples who come here on a date." The wiry-looking waitress grinned. "Do have a nice meal and we wish you the best in your relationship." She bowed her head and left with the waiter.

"Wow! This is just too much, Darian. What if we weren't a couple?" She inhaled the sweet scent of the rose and breathed in. She dropped it on the table. "What if?"