92. ARE THERE BABIES NOW?

"Boss, are you going to meet the invisible man?" Jay asked Darian on their way back to the office. He had been thinking about it since Darian agreed to go and he wondered if he knew the risk of what he was going to do.

"I told them I would, I would not back out now. You know, Jay, there are a lot of problems in the family. If I don't tend to them, they will worsen." Darian heaved a sigh.

"Boss, there is no assurance these people want to make peace. If they do, they won't ask you to come alone. This is very risky for you to do, I am not sure ma'am Lena would agree to this either. What if something happens to you? Who knows if this is a ploy to get you killed?" Jay protested.

Darian smiled, he knew Jay was worried about him, but he had his plans.

"I had my plans before agreeing to go meet him. But I don't want to reveal my plans out there, I do not trust the men in the Dawson family, I know some of them are giving the enemies heads up about our plans, that was why I said nothing in there, but trust me, I do have my plans and they will work out. For now, I want you to look for men, and recruit them secretly until I am ready to meet with the man." He ordered and Jay nodded his head in understanding.

His mind drifted to Lena and he smiled; Jay was right, Lena would never agree to let him go if she heard of it.

"Jay?" Darian called.

"Yes, boss?"

"Do not tell Lena about this, do not discuss anything related to this when I am with my wife." He said sternly.

"Noted sir," he bowed his head in deference.

After some minutes of driving, they arrived at the company. Jay drove into the parking lot and went to get the door for Darian, he opened up and they walked into the company together. Every staff member who saw Darian greeted him, and he acknowledged them with a small wave as he strolled into his office.

He got to his secretary's office, and she bowed her head to greet him but the look on her face was grim. He fumbled his hand in the pockets of his trousers and asked. "What's wrong with you this time?"

"Good day, boss." She greeted him. Scratching her hair, she said. "I tried to stop her, but she insisted on going on and she said you wouldn't mind seeing her." Molly straightened up, avoiding Darian's face as she talked.

"Who are you talking about?" Darian furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"I knew she was lying when she said she's your lover, she's too clumsy to be one."

Darian looked toward his office, then back at Molly. She tried to talk but he cut her off, walking into the office and hoping Thelma wasn't the one waiting for him, he was fuming already, making a mental note to sack Molly for allowing a stranger into his office without his permission.

He opened the door and saw the back view of a woman—his own woman. He smiled, walking up to take a seat.

"Who do we have here?" He leaned over to kiss Lena on the cheeks. She giggled, throwing her arms around his neck, she kissed his lips. "Why are you here?" He asked, crouching in his armchair.

"So many reasons, Darian. I brought your food again. You know I told you I would always bring your food to the office if you don't eat at home. I was alone in the house and decided to come to see you. I missed your face and hmm, I was hoping to meet your secretary, the one you always complain about. She denied me access to your office, but I told her I was your lover." Lena grinned.

"Why didn't you tell her you are my wife?" He smirked at her, placing a pen between his fingers, he twirled it around and bent his head to sign on a file.

"I didn't tell her because I didn't want her to know, she does look like trouble. She asked me questions beyond normal, I think she has a crush on you, Darian." Lena hugged herself.

"I haven't noticed that." He chuckled, dropping the pen. "What did you cook?" He asked her.

"Your favourite," she responded. "Where have you been, though?"

"I went to attend to an emergency." He simply said.

"Alright, I will dish out your food and you will eat."

"Lena?" He called her, staring at her. "Come here." He gestured to his lap.

She blushed and shook her head in declination, "I won't, I don't know what you have in mind to do to me and this is your office, Darian. Do you want to involve yourself in an office romance?" She lowered her head and whispered at him.

"This is my company and in front of me is my wife. Is there something wrong with that?"

"Darian, common, come eat your food."

"I want to eat you before I eat the food." He rose to his feet, and Lena's heart skipped a beat. She looked up at him as he approached her.

She smiled, Darian was the best anyone could ask for. He was everything she wanted in a husband and she was glad she got to unravel every part of romance and life with him, she loved him too much and she was certain she would never stop.

He jerked her out of the chair and pulled her closer. He kissed her hair, his nose assailing the pleasant scent of her shampoo. He buried his nose in her hair for a very long time.

"Lena," he called softly.

"Darian," she was overwhelmed with emotions. She got to love Darian more and more as each second passed by, he was just everything that she needed.

"I don't want you to ever leave me, stay with me and let's always be like this." He hugged her tighter.

She smiled, relishing his warmth for a long time, he didn't let go of her and she didn't jerk away from him either, she stayed in his embrace.

"You should eat now," she pulled out of the hug. Darian didn't protest, he ambled to the couch and sat down, Lena joined him there, she served his food and took an utmost interest in him as he lazily devoured the food, she figured something was going on with him.

"Do you want to share what's going on in your mind?" She asked.

"I am fine, Lena. Just Mafia affairs, I don't want to involve you."

"I don't care if you involve me, I won't push it but I want you to know that I am always here if you need someone to talk to." She took his hand, stroking his long lean fingers. "I take note of everything about you, your facial expressions, your gestures, your voice and it's very easy for me to know when you are upset or worried. Right now, you are worried and I don't like it, Darian." She lifted her head to meet his gaze on her.

"I am fine, my wife." He smiled at her.

Lena blushed, "I hope you are fine." She brushed her fingers against his, creating an effect inside of him. "Eat up." She commanded.

"Yes, mommy."

Lena laughed, "That doesn't sound too sexy. Only our kids are allowed to call me mommy." She frowned.

He looked at her, his eyes flickering from her head down to her tummy. "Is there a baby yet?" He asked in a simple tone.

She blushed, "Darian."

"Oh, I was just wondering why you are talking about babies." He finished eating and she helped him to wipe his mouth with the napkin.

"There is no baby yet, hubby." She laughed. "Darian, you should eat before leaving the house. Have you noticed that you are lean?" She touched his collarbone. "Leaner," she pressed his jaw. "Leanest, oh you should eat more. I will go to the grocery store to get a lot of food items. I have to feed you well."

"You are doing the most already. You are skinny too, I should get you to eat more food." He kissed her lips. "Thanks for coming, I needed you around." He pulled her closer and wrapped his hands around her.

"I will always come to you." She peeked over her shoulders and her lips met with his, they affectionately kissed each other  for a while before breaking apart.

Faithy💓