132. IT'S OKAY

Darian pushed the door open. Waltzing in, he placed his hand on his sides and looked at his wife. A bright smile appeared on her face, she was happy to see him. She could never get enough of him.

"You were taking time and I just wanted to be sure that all is well with you." Darian rested his back on the door after shutting it.

"Yes, we were discussing." Lena retorted. "And was about to come to the dining table when you knocked at the door. Did you miss me so much you can't eat without me?"

Darian chuckled at Lena's naughtiness, "You know there is something that we have to do, don't you?" He asked and she shook her head.

Getting her ass off the bed, she moved closer to him. "Tell me, Darian, do you miss me?" She inquired, staring into his eyes.

Isabella looked at them through the corner of her eyes, she admired and envied them. She wished her love life with Raymond was that perfect, she wished she made it to marriage with him, but she was happy that she had someone as beautiful as Darian to call her fruit.

"I do miss you." Darian asserted, leaning a little to place a soft kiss on Lena's cheeks. She blushed, running her fingers through the part she kissed. "Can we go back to the dining table now?"

Lena looked down at Isabella, awaiting her approval. She replied with a slight nod. Darian and Lena left the room with the hope that Isabella would join them in the dining.

About fifteen minutes later, she finally joined them. Sliding on one of the chairs that surrounded the table. She opened the plate of food that was served in front of her, it was her favourite food of fried chicken and noodles. She smiled, turning to look at Lena and Darian. They weren't eating the same food that she was served.

"Did you specially make this food for me?" She asked Lena in particular.

"We once discussed this being your favourite food and Darian ordered Tina to prepare it for you." She smiled, winking at Isabella.

"Thank you," she lowered the cover plate on the table, picked up the cutleries and dug them into the food. Taking a bite, she winced out in pleasure, the food was good. "Delicious."

"I trust Tina to always give us good meals." Lena smiled and then started with her food. Darian watched both of them as they conversed, he was yet to touch his food.

Lena and Isabella talked and eventually ran out of topics, the dining became silent and only the sound of ceramic clanging against ceramic was heard. Darian felt it was a good opportunity to start his conversation.

"Who else were you close to within the Dawson family house?"

"The fact that I remember Raymond doesn't mean that I know everyone else. And I didn't make friends with anyone. I was a hostess in the casino and I really cannot remember the things that happened years ago." She replied to him.

"I see, this shouldn't be difficult." Darian left the dining table and walked into the hallway. He came back with a painting, the one in Isabella's room. Lowering it on the table, he looked at her and said. "Have you ever checked what's inscribed at the back of this painting since you've been in that room?" He asked her and she gave a negative response to him. "Good," he flipped the painting over and showed it to Isabella, "Here is what it says, 'To the only woman that I love, Isabella Jones, the mother of my unborn son. I love you forever.' You can check out the date and the ink that was used in writing this.

He passed the painting over to her, she took it from him and fixed her eyes on it. "He wrote it, I can recognize his handwriting. He used to send notes to me." She let out a sad smile, tears were already forming in her eyes.

"He gave this to me on one of the days he managed to remember that he has a son." Darian chuckled. "Then he said that it was for my mother."

Lena didn't say a word. She placed her hand on the table with her fingers pressed to her jaw.

"That's the first proof," Darian said. "Then for the second one," He brought out a mini diary and handed it over to Isabella. "This diary was yours when you were with my dad. You write down details of everything that happens to you every day."

Isabella didn't recall the diary, she had never thought about it.

"This is the report of the DNA my father did before he left the world. Here, the child was confirmed to be his."

When she was done staring, she gave the files back to Darian.

"Darian, you don't have to bother anymore about all these. I can see an image of your father in you."

"We are not the same, I am far better than him."

Isabella smiled, "What makes you think that you see better than him?"

"It is a known fact, We don't have to dispute that.

"That's right," Lena interrupted them. She didn't want to talk about it but she couldn't resist the question that Isabella asked about Darian. "He's my husband and I need no soothsayer to tell him that he is the best of all the men that I have met in my lifetime."

"I see." Isabella smiled. "I believe all that you've said and I am truly impressed. "It might take a while but I hope that we get along together." She smiled again.

"So, you do believe that I am your son!" Darian asked her.

"Thank you, Darian. Thank you for all that you do and for growing up to be the fine young man that you are. We may have been apart for so long but if you want, I am willing to form a bond with you." She looked into his eyes and he did too. They smiled and made a toast for the beginning of a healthy relationship between them.

Lena felt fulfilled watching Darian and Isabella converse. It was the most beautiful sight she'd seen in months and she hoped to always see her happy.

Faithy💓