Part 2: 7

For hours we laid, talking amongst ourselves about anything, everything that came to mind. The possibilities of our future, the family we could have, our lives before we met each other.

"I could be the best dad, honestly. Try me with something." Spider laughed, cuddling me under the blanket.
"Alright... what do you act when your child is fighting with their sibling?" I asked, turning my head to look up at him.
He bit his cheek, looking left and right.

"Easy, no siblings?" He laughed, tilting his head down to me with a scared look.
My eyes rolled, seeing him pretend to be scared of my response.

"You don't want more than one?" I smiled at the thought of a small family.
Spider swayed his hands against my legs, thinking about his answer.
"I'd like to see how the first one would work, first." His expression spoke nervous about the conversation.
Nuzzling my head further into his chest, I nodded to his response.

I could feel his steady, slow heartbeat under his skin. Like music to my ears.

"What time do we meet Lo'ak at the river? I'm sure the clan will be happy to see you, again. Like that girl, what was her name?" Spider asked, breaking the silence.
"Nay'ete, I wish I could see her now." I said, grinning at the thought of my old friend. I wondered how she had felt about my leaving, the news of the war and the deaths.

"I don't know if we will get a chance, we have to fly out tonight." I finished, licking my dry lips. Noticing, Spider shuffled his body down now laying in front of me.
"Need help with that?" He asked, pushing hair behind my ears.

"Maybe." I teased, grabbing his face in my hands. A smile pulled against our kiss, gleaming to my eyes. A chaste peck.

"Thank you." He said, raising his eyebrows a few times.
"You are quite welcome, Spider-boy." I laughed, furrowing my eyebrows to match his funny expressions.

     ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"Come on! We have to get to the bottom of the river. Lo'ak is probably waiting, come on!" I yelled to Spider, seeing him feeling against the plants on the trail.
His hands touched a fern, watching it shrink under his fingers.

"Right." He yelled, running up to me.
Wrapping a hand around my shoulder, he walked with me to the end of the river. The pools swarmed with the same plants from many months ago, overgrown with more colors. Our bodies stuck together in silence, admiring the light of the forest.

"Look at that." Spider said, pointing to a small white flower at the edge of the river. Bloomed in the same spot where we swam, together down the sides of the river.
"Oh, wow!" I whispered, letting go of his shoulders and kneeling in front of the flower.
Its white edges flapped in the small breeze, swaying the stem of the flower.

Spider knelt down next to me, running his fingers over the edges of the flower.
It began to glow at the edges, shining light on his hands as they cupped it.
"Isn't that something?" I said, running my fingers over his, lit with the blue light.

"It's a sign, I bet you one of Lo'aks braids." Spider laughed, taking my hand in his.
"A sign? You're crazy." I groaned, standing the two of us up.

"Yeah! A sign that we're meant to be together. Don't you remember this spot? Where you pulled me into the water, huh?" He laughed again, scooping me up in a hug. His giggles filled my ears, carefully wrapping his arms around me.

"I do, I do. But you're still crazy." I spoke, wrapping my arms around the back of his neck.

"I know I'm crazy, but it's all for you." Spider said, smiling into his eyes. Those eyes. Seeing him smile again made my heart flutter.
"Crazy, monkey boy." I smiled, throwing my head back to look at the sky. He held me, legs wrapped around his waist, watching the sky above us.

Banshees swooped over the treetops, calling out to each other. A family of them.

"Grey, you can't think I'm crazy. That's literally a family." Spider poked, setting my feet down on the ground.
"Yeah, it was. Maybe we'll have one of those..." I smiled, placing a hand on his chest.

"I can't imagine it any other way." He replied, placing his hand over mine.

"Oh. So you guys finally got a moment alone and went wild." A voice yelled from above. Hidden among the forest, the watched us.

"Lo'ak, you skxawng!" I shouted, searching the treetops to find him. My hand covered the sun blazing into my mask, squinting the see the treetops blur into one green mass.
"He's such an idiot, sometimes." Spider said, holding a hand on my back.

"It's Lo'ak, it's just... him." I guessed, biting my cheeks.

"I'm over to your left!" Lo'ak yelled, echoing against each tree. My eyes drifted over each gap in the trees, searching for his blue body.  Catching one movement, his Ikran swooped down, landing with a thud behind Spider and I.
Turning with an annoyed look on my face, I placed my hands on my hips.
"You are insane. It's like the time I caught you watching me sleep, bro." I scoffed, leaning against Spider's shoulder.
"Yeah, man." He joked, leaning back against my shoulder.

"Wait. So, you really knocked her up? You didn't deny it!" Lo'ak yelled, slapping his hands on his head in shock.
Sharing a quick look between us, Spider and I tried to choke back a laugh.
Our cheeks filled with air, holding it back before it started pouring out.

"We don't know yet." Spider laughed, walking to Lo'ak and offering him a fist bump. Their hands collided, turning into a lengthy handshake. Mumbles whispered between them, leaning into each other's ears and looking to me.

"Okay, boys. I'm not pregnant calm down. I think." I said, cockily crossing my arms across my chest.

"Wouldn't that be cool, though?" Lo'ak asked, turning back to his Ikran and patting its face. He rubbed along it, smoothing the gear down.

"Yeah, a mini us." Spider agreed, hopping onto the back of the Ikran, helping Lo'ak in front of him.
Nodding, I ran to them and stood at the edge of the animal.

"Sure, but don't tell your dad. Yeah? He's gonna give us the dad talk... together." I groaned, grabbing against the horns on the Ikran, pulling myself up.
Lo'ak scoffed, putting his large hands on my shoulder and shaking me.

"I won't tell him! Have some trust in me, Grey. Soon to be mommy, Grey." He laughed, tugging on a piece of my hair.
I jumped back, shoving him by the chest.

"Shut up and just like...drive this thing!" I laughed, catching both Spider and Lo'aks attention. They chuckled to themselves, exchanging fun glances.
"Fine." Lo'ak replied, rolling his eyes. I turned back to the Ikran's front, awaiting it to take off.
I felt the wings of the banshee press into the ground, preparing itself.

"Hang on, Mom." Lo'ak whispered, leaning forward against my back.
Without a second to clap back, the Ikran took of into the air, soaring down the waterfall.
Spider and Lo'ak whooped against the wind, screaming many phrases in Na'vi, yelling out cursed words and chanting.

Their happiness filled my heart, imagining this family raising a young version of myself and Spider. I smiled at their joyous cries, joining them. Our yelps echoed through the mountains, bouncing back to our ears.
I imagined a child, living amongst this forest with my new family, my new happiness.

AN: hello hello

I had a hair appointment so this chapter is a little late 🤞🤞

How did you feel about this chapter? I can't wait for Lo'ak to be a dad fr he's gonna be the best. AND THIS TRIO IS SO CUTE

Once again, pls comment if you find a typo. I write on my phone BAHAHA

much love, babes -A.❤️❤️