12

Never in my life would I have done something that crazy.
Following a boy I've barely known for a few weeks and jumping into thin air?

Pandora can change you.

It felt like flying, but it was very exhausting. Using all of your strength to get from each rock to the other.
There were a few moments I hesitated, but that boy...
He grabbed my hand a million times today and it just felt right. It was less of a job when I was working with him.

We now sat at the very top of a mountain as it raged with banshees.

"Holy shit." I laughed to Spider as I stood closely to him to shield myself.
He crouched up onto the edge of the rock, and I followed.

It felt silly as first, so I changed my crouching position to sitting cross legged.
As I watched the banshees fly and call to one another, the colonel pointed a loaded gun near my head.

"Hey! Woah." I shouted as he got closer to the banshees.
Spider's face furrowed in secondhand embarrassment.
I laughed at his perfect skin wrinkled and folding.

He's got a spark. It's cute.

That laugh.
He smiled at me and looked to Quaritch.
"What?" He said, looking confused and embarrassed.

"Na'vi kids younger than me do this with their bare hands." Spider said with a smile, getting from his crouching position and sitting next to me.
I looked over at him and saw his eyes darting around.

"I bet Jake didn't use that." I said, covering my smile with my hands as the colonel stood up.
Nodding, Spider and I made quick eye contact and we both stifled a laugh.

"What do you think he did?" Spider said sarcastically to Quaritch.
Scoffing, he handed the gun off.

The banshees looked his way as the gear clacked and rattled.
Spider sighed and stood up, following his father.

The green grass cupped around his legs and feet. He held his ground strongly and turned to look at me.The wind blew in his hair and he looked unreal. Smiling, he offered me his hand from a distance.

What the hell.
I said to myself. It cant get any worse, right? He's just a friend...

I quickly got up and ran to him, smiling.

The colonel crept up to the large squawking banshees and grabbed his braid. Spider's laugh rang in my ears as he guided me to a tall rock for protection.
"This is gonna be good." He said, looking at me almost seductively.
With a grin, I looked away.

Why does he do this to me? We are just friends.

The banshees screamed as I watched form a distance again.

"Yeah. This is gonna be great." I laughed to myself, watching as the day played on.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"Wow." I whispered. He couldn't really be gone, right? What does this mean? Will I be sent home?

"We're outta here." A man said from behind.

I still crouched by the rock as I saw Spider looking mournfully down the cliff.
Sighing in defeat, I stood and walked to him quickly.

"Hey..." I said with a tender smile.
His brown eyes gazed into mine with a quick turn.
"Hey.." he said as he tilted his head and smiled at me.

Before I could say anything else to his perfect face, a banshee swooped in between us. Screaming in victory, it was Quaritch.
Grabbing Spider's arm out of fear and excitement, he turned to me and placed his hand on mine.

Smiles filled the void of sadness.

That smile.

Laughing and shaking his head, he turned to me and shrugged with a smile.
"What now?" I said to him, still holding his arm and watching the colonel circle with loud cries.

"Oh! Come here." He said, grabbing my hand and pulling me away.
He turned back a few times to make sure the team wasn't looking. We would sure be in trouble some day.
"What- hey!" I said, pulling back on him but giving up and taking his hand.

"Look." He said, taking me to the edge of the cliff at a different angle. I looked over to see nothing but mist and clouds.
"What?" I said with a look of annoyance on my face.

His eyes glimmered.

Oh.

He rolled his soft, brown eyes and pushed my hand forward, urging me to get closer.
"Just look." He said as he smiled at me, wholeheartedly.

Taking small, slow steps forward I leaned over. Wind and adrenaline rushed over my body. I could feel the grass beneath my feet and the cool breeze flowing through my hair. It was amazing. It was free.

The forest was beneath us. Laughing to myself I felt a small tickle on my back.
"Sorry." Spider said, embarrassed and looking down.
I turned my head to him in question and tilted my head.

"Sorry?" I said with a furrowed smile.

I didn't realize, but his hand was placed on my back. The warm feeling in my stomach returned. Flattered, I looked to the ground.

"Don't be." I said, digging my toes into the dirt and avoiding him.

"I just didn't want you to fall, right? I mean you're just new to this and I wanted you to be safe. I mean, theres nothing wrong with danger it's just..." he said very quickly, removing his hand from my back and rubbing it with his other.

I looked into his eyes as more butterflies burst in my body.

Friends. I reminded myself.

"Let's go. We should be back to the base by dark." I said to him, avoiding the conversation.

I couldn't fall for him.

It was fake. Everything was fake.

This is not real. I am not really here.

You're dreaming. Okay, wake up. Pandora doesn't exist. He doesn't exist. You're going to hurt him. Do your mission. Even though it's wrong... you might die if you refuse to find Jake Sully.
But this isn't real. I cant die.

No. Do the mission. You didn't come here for him.

A constant battle I will fight against myself. Who do I choose? Myself or the mission.

Doing everything wrong could kill me.

AN: back again 🤞

How did you like this chapter? Let me know ❤️❤️

A little shorter than normal because I've been struggling with my breakup, so sorry!

Vote if you liked this chapter and I'll see you tomorrow ❤️