37

"You will stay here. Meet us in the village center once you have settled your things. Leave your weapons, gear and other possessions. The people will meet you." Jake said, leaving Spider and I in a small hut on the edge of the water.

"Yes sir." I told him, dropping my knife and uncoupling its sheathe.

"Take this." Spider said, tossing the tracker to the Jake. His hand caught it behind his back as he walked away,  not looking to us again.

"Come on. We should follow him." I say to Spider, coming behind him and grabbing at the clasps for his sheathe. The hard leather ripped against my fingers, rubbing around on my skin. The sheathe fell into my grip as Spider turned himself to me.

"Just wait. We should not arrive with him, and we should do something about your skin. The natives need to see that you are part of them, accepting. Let me look around." Spider said, taking my hand and lifting my arms. He examined around my body, looking at the loosely defined clothes.

"Yes... alright." I groaned. His hands rubbed over every scar, bump and hair on my body. Fire.

"I can paint you with this. They will respect you more." He said, remembering the small pouch he carried. It was filled with a blue paste, held by a small bowl.

"Come here." He smiled.

Spider's steps sounded against the weaved bottom of the hut. He sat in the middle of the room, crossing his legs. There was small  bowl, emptied with blue paste. His finders dipped into it as I approached him.
There I sat, in front of him. Breathing.

A smile rested across my lips as he examined where to paint first.

"Hold still." He whispered to me, placing a band on my shoulder and swiping down. He grazed his hands over my collarbone, resting them there. His eyes hardly examined his work, sticking his tongue in the side of his cheek. His eyes never left my body as he creates stripes down every few inch of my skin.

"Blue looks pretty on you." He smiled again.
His fingers left my body.

"You think?" I smiled to him, standing and offering my hand to his. His rough skin slid into my palm, intertwining his fingers with mine.

"Yes, I do. It goes with your beads. And pretty much everything else on you." Spider said. His voice filled with a tinge of nerve. His eyes searched around my face and watched the beads on my loincloth. With every rising breathe, they moves with my stomach. His eyes rested here, stripes over my skin.

"Thank you. I could say the same to you. Blue suits your eyes, they are very beautiful." I whispered, placing my hands on his chest and pulling myself closer. I felt the heat of his body burning within. I watched as his eyes drifted, twitching with every move up my body.
"There they are." I smiled. His eyes met mine, holding me in a trance of fire.

Spider's skin wrinkled with a smile, the first in time.

"Grey... let me." He whispered, placing a hand on my face. I felt the tingle of his skin rubbing the skin on the side of my mask.
"Let me kiss you one more time." He finished. Spider's face was only inches away. These inches between us, tension and love. I wanted to taste his lips again, his feelings.

"I wish." I gave him a tender smile.

"I cant wait to see you for all you really are. I cant wait to have you to myself. We should take the deal, the Avatar bodies. Eywa can return us to them, then I would never have to wait again." He smiles back, the same tender look.

"How must we get them?" I asked, pulling at a small piece of his hair.
He grabbed my hands quickly, pulling me to the edge of the hut.

"There. He will help us, Jake will help us." Spider said, pointing to the center of the town.

"He will get us there." He finished, intertwining his fingers again. There I felt it, his fire. His feelings and wishes.

"I want nothing more than to be with you, to help you. We should tell them, your father. We will defeat them, take the bodies here to the Spirit Tree." I told him, squeezing his hands.

"We will do it. We can ask for the help of the people. We must go." My voice finished with the rage of 100 men. I felt the excitement inside of me, pulling my thoughts away from reality.

Spider smiled, taking my hands roughly and embracing my body.
I felt his heartbeat pounding, shallow breathing and that familiar fire.

"After you." He said, fading a smile and steering me down the path.

Our hands held together, approaching each hut. An empty village, clamoring in front of us at the center. Their cries of anger called us there, our destiny awaited us. Saving the people, living among them, with them as one.

Our own lives at stake, together we would run into war, fear and agony. Only then would we truly earn our wishes, to be one. To be happy and finally home.

AN: so sorry for a short chapter I was out diving all day AHHH

There is a small surprise coming in the next chapter :) I CANT WAIT TO WRITE IT

what did you think about this chapter? It's not very interesting... OOPS

much love to you all -A.❤️