23

The sun began to settle into the trees when we got back to the large base door. The metal was now covered in a layer of yellow and orange colors for the setting sun. Spider walked in front of me with his hands swinging by his side and touching the tall grass. He slid his hand onto the handle and opened the door. It swung open slowly under his grasp and he turned to me.

The sun reflected off of his dark brown eyes, it turned them almost orange. Keeping contact with his gaze, I walked through the door slowly. His eyes followed my body with dark feelings.

I turned away from him and continued to walk to the base inside. My hair swung over my shoulders and blew in a small wind. The door clicked and he appeared next to me. His arms swung under his large steps and he made it to the next door before me.
I smiled as he opened the door with a small grin.

"Can I ask you something?" I said to him as we both entered the room. I felt the cold air from inside the lab flowing on my legs and I began to unclip my mask. The red lines from the pressure pricked into my skin. I watched as Spider rubbed the lines from his face.

"Always. You know that." He responded, tossing his mask onto the nearest table. He stood next to me as I placed my mask next to his. I felt his breath on my shoulders and neck. It was the type of feeling you get only from once special person. Like fire and ice all in one spot.
I shivered and saw goosebumps appear on my arms and chest.

"Will you teach me Na'vi? I want to know more about your home." I confessed to him. My voice was low in my throat and I swallowed back my embarrassment. I hated to ask for things, especially for someone to teach me. I wanted to be prideful and confident in my own skill, but Pandora proved that once you were out in the world you truly knew nothing.

"I won't be the best teacher, but I can show you some stuff, yeah." He shrugged off my question. He appeared calm and confident in himself while I was most certainly not.

Nodding twice, I gestured over to the stairs as the room became darker by the second. The sun transformed from red and orange and painted the room purple. Blinking lights from equipment and machines lit up the room just enough to find our way through it, and up the flat stairs.

      ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"That means, hello and goodbye" Spider finished. He fixed his sitting posture and looked to me with raised eyebrows.

"Okay, okay. I'm bored." I groaned to him.
He rolled his eyes and flopped back onto the floor. I watched as he closed his eyes and took in the temperature of the cold floor.

I looked out to the dark, star stricken sky. The stars blinked and reflected the colors of the forest down below. I watched as birds scattered in the darkness and appeared on the other side of the stars. My breathe was deep and I felt a sense of calamity. Sitting next to the one person I trusted most and looking into the sky of my home.

I felt each beat of my heart deeper into my body and the cool sensation of the floor beneath my bare legs.

"How about we do something fun? Studying is boring." I suggested to Spider as if the idea wasn't my own. He propped himself up on his elbows and looked to me. Biting the sides of his lips he thought.

"Do you know any constellations?" I asked him, scooting over to his warm body and pointing to the sky. He shook his head and looked to me with a deep expression.

The way he looked to me was new, and it certainly felt different. I could feel warmth in my lower stomach and heat rushing to my ears and fingertips. He blinked slowly as I laid down next to him.

The dark sky spoke to me above us, glass separating a million worlds and I.

"Right there." I pointed with my hand. He plopped down next to me with his hand son his stomach. I could see him looking around and he couldn't seem to find the spot I was pointing to.