17

I awoke laying on a warm surface expanding and contracting.
I opened my eyes to see a figure underneath me.

What?

Taking my hand and rubbing my eyes, I found myself spread across the body of another.

"Oh, Spider." I smiled, remembering the moment that happened the night before.

Putting my hands under my face, I laid on his chest and watched him. He looked so peaceful sleeping, worry-less.

Just before I was going to wake him up, a large pounding sound came from my door.

"Grey! Up time, go get Spider. We're out at 0900." A deep voice rang from outside the door.
Jumping up, I sat up and sighed with my hand on my heart.

"Yes, sir." I shouted out.

Looking back down to Spider, he breathed quietly and wasn't disturbed by the shouting. Living in the forest must make you a hard sleeper.

"Monkey boy!" I said with a laugh, straddling his lap and shaking his shoulders gently.

"What?" He groaned, opening his eyes widely and looking at where I was sitting.

"Oh! Sorry." I said, my face turning red. This was the first time I felt this way with him.

"It's time to go." I said, sitting next to him now. I tucked my hair behind my ears and watched him sit up to face me.

"So, what are we out for today?" He said, looking around for his hair band.

"Leave it down today. I like it." I said, suddenly. He looked to me with a confused grin.
"Yeah?" He said, standing up and offering me his hand.

"Yeah. And we're out to study today." I said, taking his hand and standing up.
As I straightened my posture, my bruises tugged at my skin.

Grimacing, I held my side and shrugged down.
"We should get you help." Spider said, taking more bandages from the kit and turning to me.
"Are you ever going to tell me what happened?" He sighed, unwrapping my old, bloodied wrap and replacing it quickly.

"Thanks. And... once it doesn't hurt." I smiled politely, fixing my top and loincloth.
He did the same.

Nodding, he approached the door and it opened.

"Come on. They're probably waiting." He smiled, grabbing two masks and throwing me one.

"Waiting on you!" I laughed, shoving past him and running down the halls.

"What!" He said, running after me and grabbing me by the waist. Pulling me to him, he started to lift me up and turn me to behind him.

"Stop!" I laughed hard. Trying to escape his hands. We stood just outside of a large window, showing the helicopter taking us to the forest in the distance.

Laughing, a voice cut in like always.
"Come on! Move it." They yelled to us as Spider froze with me in his arms.
Turning to him with a smile, he set me down. Returning to a run, I put on my mask and slipped outside.
"I win." I yelled as I approached the ship.

Shuffling to the side of the plane, he jumped on.
"Come on." He smiled, sitting to the back of the plane and pulling his legs go his chest.

Chuckling, I jumped in.

                             ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"Alright, team. Go gather information. Kids.. just leave us alone." The colonel scoffed, waving Spider and I away, turning back to the group and walking.