29

He held me, protecting me. Feeding me with love and affection. I felt his skin burning onto me, caressing me.

"Princess, this is not your fault." Spider whispered.

I remember feeling his hands, he wiped my legs with a small cloth. Dampened with blood, red and black clots. Lines and swipes from the cloth traced my skin from head to toe.

I couldn't speak to him.

The blood washed away from flicks of ocean water, leaving streaks down the railing.

"Talk to me." He said, putting a hand on my leg. He rubbed his tough hands on my scars. Up and down, onto my stomach and there he stopped. I took a breath against his hand, pushing out my words.

"I thought he was going to help us." I spoke, placing my hand over his and holding it.

"I know." He finished. There was a moment of silence between us before a booming voice spoke to each of us. It seemed there was always something to ruin our moments.

"I knew you had it in you. See her, son. She is a killer." They said, clicking open a door.

"Quaritch." Spider rolled his and eyes stood up to him. I was afraid he would see me for what I had done, finally. Was it self-defense or had the forest changed me? Was I the weak of heart who was meant to die instead?

"It wasn't her. Dex tried to kill her! You're lucky I saved her ass, your special warrior." Spider spoke to him proudly and the colonel laughed.

What was pulling at him to make him this evil? Had he sent Dex to do this? Is this because of what had happened on the island? He knew I wasn't part of them.

"Son, that girl finished the job. Now..." quaritch said, placing a hand on my shoulder and shooing away Spider.

"I'm going to offer you one more chance. Take the Avatar body, help us study. Hell, we'll even grow you one too." He offered to Spider.

I looked between them, giving Spider my 'we need to talk' look. He nodded, placing a hand on his father and widening his eyes.

"Think about it." He said, removing his hand and walking back inside the base. I looked out to the island, it became closer. The misting clouds cleared only to reveal a smaller island. Many more minutes to go until we reached another fight.

My eyes came back to Spider. He looked to me with hard feelings on his expression.

"Grey... do you want to do this?" He asked, leaning against a window with his arms crossed. He avoided me, breathing calmly.
I walked over to him silently and mocked his position. His eyes still avoided me, awaiting my answer to his terrible question.

"We could take the bodies to Eywa, return in them. We could live in the forest where they love us." I trilled, pushing my hair out of my face and speaking with my hands.

He snapped to me. A smile crept on his face for the first time today.

"We are not from here. They do not want us here, they do not love you." He said, grabbing my hands to try to comfort me.

"But, I love you. We can stay! Here... at home. Within the forest, we can live." I asked him, worrying. Not much of a shock that they sent me to kill off entire populations and I got lost in the beauty of Pandora.

"Oh. Grey, we can." He said, sounding excited. He grabbed my hands and pulled me to him. His skin lit again like fire against me, hugging me tightly.

"But... we can't do it now. I need to tell you something about this... there's a war coming. I know it. They will find Jake..." he finished, pushing me away and looking into my eyes.

"I know. We can fight for a better future. I won't let them take this world from me because for the first time I feel welcome, and happy." I said smiling.

"Then if that's what you want, I'll be right here with you." He smiles to me. I noticed the twinkle in his eyes, sparking in his teeth and his smile.

"Always?" I asked, rubbing the sides of his arms. He shivered under my touch and pulled his body closer to me, and the tension grew. So much tension.

"Always, my love." He whispered.

He grabbed my hands, pulling me to the edge of the railing again. I felt the sweat in his palms building as he parted his lips to speak.

"Grey... should we be together? Really, this time." He laughs nervously, avoiding my face. He started pulling a small stray piece of his loincloth and ripping it off. He placed it around my wrist, tying it up in a knot.

"Oh." I chuckled, covering my face with my hand. Heating up, my cheeks flushed red and I couldn't hold it anymore. I grabbed his arm, pulling him to the door and dragging his body quickly to the inside.

I pulled on his mask after removing mine and grabbed his face. His shock was relieved as he noticed my face coming to his. A large breath, embracing his lips.

I kissed him longingly, loving every second.
Then he pulled away.

"I've wanted to do that for hours. Kiss me again." He rasped in a low voice. Grabbing the back of my head, he pulled me to him harshly. I felt his lips hard against mine, crashing around. Our tongues connecting, tasting each other once more.

I could get lost in this moment forever and always. With him forever.
His lips lingered on mine, slowly pulling away.

"I wish I could show you how much you excite me. I love you, Grey." He growled to me, swiping his thumb over my lips.

I watched him, observing his work and feeling my body with his hands.

"Save it. We've got time, monkey boy." I chuckled, turning on my heel and walking away from him. He stood there, hands in the air in shock.

"I don't think so." He laughed loudly. I heard his footsteps trudging to me. His hands grabbed my waist, pulling me and spinning me around. He placed my feet back to the ground before looking back into my eyes.

"Kiss me." He ordered, keeping his lips close to my face.

"You would love that." I whispered, slowly approaching my face to him and grazing my lips over his skin.
"Yeah?" I whispered, playfully.

"Hell yeah." He growled in his throat before crashing his lips into mine. I felt his hot body under my hands, through his hair and over his muscles.

The tension was unbearable.
Our kiss could last forever. I wish it did.

AN: YAY

anyways, I'm so happy for them they're together and wanting a future
(Also lmk if there are typos bc I have been out and about all day writing this LOL)

I cant wait to write them as adults omg

How do you feel about them wanting to stay in the forest? Well according to the movie they'd be with the Metkayina... but may that play out as it will hehehe 😏

Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed!

My advice for the day: Your true colors will attract those who only admire them. Don't settle, babes. There's a better man out there🤭

Much love- A.❤️