35

"Shoot her, there." Scoresby orders from an operating room. The men had made Spider and I follow them around, tracking the progress of the ascension on the tulkun.

Spider and I watched from a small window, not reflecting of radars and maps.
A small blimp-shaped probe set out against the front of the ship, pinning itself into the back of one of the Tulkun. Spider glanced to me, locking our eyes in a stare of worry.
Bellowing, the tulkun dove back down deep into the water. I heard the pings of the machine tracking the tulkun into the water, pinging louder as we got closer.

"You got my mother?" Scoresby ordered with a loud voice over the machines. A woman next to him spoke, agreeing.

"Mother and calf, strong signal. Range 4000." She spoke without taking her eyes from the board. She caught the attention of Spider as he turned to examine the technology. Pilots faced to his left and he leaned into the space of their work. 

"Bring it down in the hull!" Scoresby shouted to the pilots.

I turned in the direction of loud whirring, seeing Spider examine the man with the buttons and levers. I placed my hand on his back before leaning close to him, watching where he was.

"Going down." The man yelled, pulling a lever and shifting the gears.
I felt Spider grip harder onto the table of equipment, I followed and wrapped a hand around his back. The ship jolted, slowing and placing itself into the water.

I could see the spray of the ocean water on the windows, covering them as we began to move into the water faster, deeper.

"Open up!" Scoresby yelled, tossing a mask to each person before waking to a large door.

"Let's go." Spider said in a hurry, handing me mask and strapping it to the back of my head. I felt the straps pull against my hair, but I ignored it.

"Thanks." I responded, pushing him slightly out of my way with a smile.
"I'll be back, monkey boy." I laughed, finally turning away from him. Rushed, we followed Scoresby to the outside of the ship.

                                ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"Sub teams, two minutes." Scoresby ordered, waving his arm around in the sky. The inside of the ship was filled with every type of machine, weapon and ammunition. Many different people strapped into small compartments, controlling robots. They booted up with slight movements, and it was terrifying.

"Let's do this! Hutches closed!" He smiled, jumping around the machinery like a child.
"Hustle. Two minutes!" He kept an order, smacking people around to keep them on task. The colonel followed in his footsteps, keeping up with only half energy.

"Let's make some bang." He chuckled, slapping the side of his leg and approaching a different ship. It floated in a small tank of water, connecting to the ocean.

"Get ready!" He ordered to me. Still I had no reason for coming along, but the colonel insisted I stayed away from his son before our trip.  Our hands simultaneously gripped the railing of the ship, now sliding to enter the water. With a splash, we felt the ocean's breeze. Our words stayed silent, following the orders of whoever was around us.

"We're rolling!" The colonel turned to us with an evil smile.
"Yes, sir." I said, putting my head down and holding onto the outside of the ship. I already knew how this would end.
The water smacked against our bodies, stabbing into the skin at high speeds. Life vests cupped our chest and necks, pushing away some of the water.

"This should be great." I complained to the man next to me. He did not respond, once again. Whoops were heard from the crowd on the boat, flying up into the air and smacking back down into the water. It almost made my stomach flip.