14

SPIDERS POV

This girl is stuck in my mind. I couldn't even believe what I am feeling. How could she say that it's her fault I'm here? I want nothing more but to comfort her.

I cant believe I cried in front of her...

What is she doing to me?

"Grey." I whispered to her, my heart filling with feelings I didn't know I could feel.
The beat of my heart was slow and loud in my chest, creeping up into my throat.

Moments were filled with tears and quiet moments. She reminded me of my home the way she was so beautiful. Like the forest. So many different parts of her that I never knew before. Beauty and rage, but it was never enough to scare the people away. They lived within it.
She was my home now. I just hope she felt the same.

I wanted to embrace her body and her feelings like she had when we first met. She cared for me, not knowing what the future would bring to us. That night I knew she couldn't be here for what I thought. She couldn't ruin the forest. I saw it in here eyes... those damn eyes.

*flashback*

"Come on!" I shouted to Kiri. She had to run faster if we were to escape.

The glowing tree moss glowed under my steps as I took them. Every step lit up the forest, more and more. Oh, it was beautiful.
Rustling and screams were heard from all around, ripping the beauty from my home. Then it came quiet.

Shit.

Orange and red blasts erupted from behind the tree log, forcing screams close by.
I turned to see the girl.
Her skin covered in dirt and blood.

"Stop!" She screamed at me, crawling away with the force of the blast. I could see weakness taking over her body.
Her muscles were small and her body was thin.
I kept running. She was a traitor and I wouldn't let her get to me. The ground pushed me with every step, taking me closer back to my people. She was not one of us, she would end us.

Another flash of red, closer this time.
Almost singeing my skin, I felt the force throwing me off the log.
The wet ground slipped under my feet, I felt the bark of the log ripping into my skin as the heat from the blast spread across my face and chest.

"No!" I heard as I crashed into the ground below.

The girl flashed in my vision again. Her eyes glowing in the light of the forest and her hair blowing in the wind.
Her clothing clinging to her soaked body, blood dripping from the cuts on her arms.

She clung to a tree as the shock in her face grew to pain.

My body ached as it tumbled in every direction. I didn't even know I could bend in this way until I hit the large puddle on the forest floor. My legs trickled with water as the dirt burned the cuts on my feet.

"Fuck." I whispered as the light in my eyes flickered.

I heard footsteps in my ringing ears and shouting from above.
"Spider!" Kiri cried as my body began to slip away from consciousness.

Groaning, I felt a grip on my arms.
The darkness shaded the figure from my vision, but soft tugs on my body led me to one conclusion. It was the girl.

She began to lift me up, calling for help.
"Hey! He's over here! Please, help!" She cried, as her voice awoke me again.
My eyes blinked with pain as I saw her wet face looking into my eyes.

"Wake up!" She screamed at me, putting her hands behind my head and sitting me up towards her.

That touch awoke something in me...