26

"The village of Ta'unui." I whispered in shock.

"Shit." Dex gasped as he stood between Spider and I. Dex had noticed our disappearance and ordered us to stay next to him. He said that if we caused any trouble he'd throw us in the ocean.

"What is going on?" I shook my head.

My mind couldn't grasp the thought that they're were searching through the villages, with use of a ship that wasn't their own.

"They're out for blood." Spider growled.

The mist from the fans spraying water onto my skin had left my hair soaked, and my clothes wrinkled. We had stood outside the ship for what felt like days, awaiting land.

Then we came upon it.

I watched as a large gathering of blue Na'vi awaited the shores. Weapons traced in every hand of every warrior, pointed to us.
We rode closer. The sand beneath us stopped the large ship with a jerk, and my body smacked the railing.

I felt the sting from the metal bars as we dredged closer to shore.

"Come on, kid." Dex said with his gaze stuck on the indigenous people. He guided Spider and I away from the railing and down into the bottom of the ship.

"Just do what you're told." He orders us with a heavy hand on our shoulders, pushing us in front of him as he walked.

The ship stopped about 20 feet from shore, and many people boarded rafts.
Dex shoved Spider and I onto a small inflatable boat and grabbed a large weapon.

"Bro! You're gonna use that?" Spider said in disbelief as he watched Dex steer the raft.

"I have to play the part." He answered strictly.

I looked over to Spider and my gaze longed to meet his. His eyes burned into the people on the island and didn't move away. Placing my hand on his arm, I watched as his eyes flickered to me.

"Remember what I told you about us? I'll be with you." I said, grabbing his hand tightly and squeezing it a few times. I felt the sweat of his palms in my hand, making them clammy. He tilted his head to me and bit on his inner cheek.

"Grey, I need to tell you something." He started.

Before his words could roll off the tongue, our gazes were interrupted by the thud of of the raft on hard sand. Clamoring of indigenous Na'vi rang loudly. They stuck their weapons in the air and awaited for our arrival on their land.

"Tell me later." I sighed, motioning my head to the people. His eyes followed.

     ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"Looking for weapons, radios, technical equipment." Scoresby yelled as they began to trash each hut.

The people scattered across the sand, dodging the weapons of our Avatars.

Spider and I stood, hand in hand on the shore. I clung to his arm as I watched them tear apart an innocent village. Hard work, and families torn by the roots.

Men and women laid face first into the sand with guns against their heads. Children screamed in agony as the Avatar's destroyed their home, the only place they've ever known.

Watching this only made me feel worse about my existence. The way they treated the Na'vi was equivalent to my presence on their planet.

"Get down!" A woman Avatar screamed, kicking the back of a man's body and shoving him into the sand.
"You too. You see this?" She screamed, holding a large taser in between them.