7

I opened my eyes to find myself strung across 3 chairs stuck together side by side, and an Avatar man sitting next to me.
It looked as if he was supposed to be monitoring me, but he was passed out cold.
Snoring.

"Really? Fuckwad." I groaned as I propped myself up on my elbows and looked around. The room I was in wasn't familiar to me at all.
It was small, but spacey and filled with many different types of machines and storage spaces.

I looked back to the man sleeping on the chair next to my body and his large body was almost comically stuffed into it.
His legs stuck out very far and his arms folded across his chest.

Sitting all the way up, my head began to ache like it never has before.
Shooting pains were bouncing off every part of my head and body.
It seems I didn't get the liberty of the dried blood cleaned off my body, someone only went as far as stitching my cut with small pieces of medical tape.

Ugh.

I swung my legs onto the ground and carefully pushed myself up.
The pain shot through the bottom of my feet all the way to my fingertips and I walked out to the middle of the room.
Large thudding sounds came from behind but I ignored them.

Only when the thudding got louder, I turned around.
The man still slept somehow comfortably
in the chair as I crept to where the sounds were coming from.
I pressed my hand against the wall behind my chair-bed and another bang pushed into my hand.

"Woah!" I laughed as I stepped back and stared into the wall.
A small movement caught my eye as a small reflection flickered into a silver door on my left.

Tilting my head I took a few quick steps to the reflection in the door.
The small taps of my bear feet were the only sounds filling the room.
I'm sure this would not last, if there was something held in that room it would be out soon.

I came to the door and stopped. The movement continued and I furrowed my brows.
Turning in all directions, I finally caught the reflection.
The human boy had been held captive in a small white cell, and was acting almost feral trying to escape.

My eyes widened and my heart started to beat in my throat.
In a second, I was running over to the room and banging on the window.
Could he see me?

The boy was scared and angry.
I would be too if I was kidnapped and put into a room with only a table.

"Hey!" He screamed from the other side of the mirror, returning the same sequence of taps I first banged into the glass.
"Let me out!" He screamed again as I saw anger spreading in his face.

Get to him. A thought traced through my mind.

My heart started beating faster as I took quick steps to the door on the other side of the wall. Examining the cold metal door, I began to press on it.
Maybe it pushed?

No.

Looking to my right I saw what I thought was a keycard slot.

"Right." I said to myself, rolling my eyes at my stupidity.
If you're going to hold someone hostage, why make a push-pull door.

You're so stupid, Grey.

I crept over to the sleeping man as he shuffled from sitting on his butt to his side, still spilling out of the chair.
His figure was still and quiet, so I had to be very careful.

Across the room, a woman in a vest walked in. She didn't seem to notice me as I stood next to the sleeping blue man, she walked over to an opposite corner of the room and began to work.

Great.

I checked the man with my eyes and noticed his keycard sitting on the chair next to him.
Double great.
I stepped with one leg over his calf and foot to reach the keycard, and with a strenuous stretch of my shoulders I was able to grab it.