36

Stranded. Tied to the backs of the dead tulkun. They left us there, for bait.

"I can't believe that they've done this to them. Look at their eyes." I said, caressing the body of the baby tulkun. Swarmed by the others, they held their echo-locators out of the water, watching us.

"And now they're sending for us to sabotage the village? Classic." Spider responds, sitting in the small raft with his arms around his legs. He stared into the eyes of the mother tulkun, watching her.

The rain pounded against each of our skin, stabbing and leaving red pelts as they rolled away. Across my mask, streaks of water rolled and poured onto me. Tears soaked the inside. Sure, getting away from the evil men was a challenge, but at what cost?

The cost of these lives? Possibly more?

In the distance, several large flying animals began to approach. My hands cupped the face of the small tulkun, holding it tighter as they began to close in. Large, red wings and black bodies. The inhabitants of these creatures were Na'vi.

Reef people of those we had never crossed before. As they landed into the water, distant away, their spears crept in hand.

"Who's that?" I ask, letting go of the small creature and wiping my mask clean. Taking his gaze away from the edges of the water, Spider did the same. He stood next to me, wiping his mask as the beads of water poured continuously.

"Reef people." He answered nervously. He began throwing his hands in the air to signal their direction, watching as they bared spears sharing our presence.

"Hey!" He yelled.
"Over here!" I called out against the Echo of his voice.

Watching as the large flying animals dove into the water, the people emerged.
A woman, tall with pale blue skin crept in the water. Only peeking her face out, her spear hid behind her back.

"Hey!" Spider yelled again, still waving his arms.

"Do not! They have weapons." I smacked him softly. His arms fell to his sides and I noticed his eyes rolling back.

"I'm sorry!" I called, stepping out of the raft and sliding myself in the water.
The woman watched, the others closing in.

"Grey. Look." Spider said, grabbing my arm from inside the boat. I turned my head to him, and his eyes fell on one being.
Blue, tall and thin. Another couple.

"Spider?" The man said, jumping off of his animal and leaving the woman behind.

Bearing her weapon in the air, the pale blue woman began to scream. She charged up the spear out of the water and cocked her arm back.

"Stop!" The man yelled, swimming towards her.

"Ronal. I know this child. He is the boy, speaks Na'vi." The dark blue man said. He watched closely as the woman put down her spear, closing finally to the tulkun.

"Jake?" I coughed, keeping myself over the water's surface.
The man's eyes closed, lowering his head.

"Shit." Spider whispered, crouching down in the raft to slip in the water never to me. I felt the laps of the water against my body as he waded in the deep water. The cold patter of the rain still against my skin

"Spider." Jake whispered back, opening his arms to him. Spider began to swim, ignoring the woman as she began to sob. Her face looked between us and the dead tulkun, awaiting answers.
Screaming, she grabbed onto the fin, setting herself next to the eye of the mother.

"Her name is Ro'a." The pale blue man said, looking to me.
Tears began to well again. That familiar lump in my throat as I paddled against the water, staring at them.
Spider stayed near Jake, motioning for me to come to them. I remained put.

"She was my spirit sister." The woman cried, putting her head to the tulkun. Her desperate sobs put an end to silence filled by rain. My eyes began to water and the lump closed in.

"I'm so sorry. I wish I could help." I started, paddling over to Spider. His hands reached out to me, pulling me to the floating animal they all sat on now.

"Spider. What happened? What did they do?" Jake asked, ignoring the cries of the woman.

"Sir, I think the best person to explain this is her." Spider said with his head down.
The pale blue man watched me closely, swimming against the waves. My eyes met Spider's and with a reassuring nod, he asked me to speak.

"Jake Sully." The man said, offering me his hand.

"Grey Cadman." I responded firmly. His large hand gripped my forearm, as I did the same.

"Grey, what happened?" Jake strained, pulling me by the forearm closer to his creature.

"Sir, they had extracted her from the pod... all they took was a small vial from her brain. They are hunting tulkun for money, keeping these evil men on Pandora." I said to him, watching the woman. Had she not understood?

"She was a composer of songs! We would sing together. She waited many breeding cycles to have this calf, the clan was so happy for her... what is this Tonowari? What is this!" She cried to the pale blue man. Her eyes pained with tears.

"I'm sorry. They are looking for you, hunting. Trying to pull you out." I said to the pale man, Tonowari.
Jake lowered his head.

"Who is 'they'" he growled deep from the back of his throat. His mate behind him was quiet, mourning these sad deaths.

"The Colonel." I told him.
There he had heard enough, looking the Tonowari, they both spoke.

"Take her."
"Come with us."
They said simultaneously. Jake grabbed my arm, pulling me to sit in front of Spider as he hung from a piece of equipment on the animal.

He took us under the fins, pulling us to the bags. Beeping, the tracker caught his eyes. Locked in, his breathe seethed on the back of my neck. I felt the anger, the sadness. Shivers.

"Come with us, Grey." Spider said, offering me his hand as he slipped away the water. Each of the new beings appeared, watching the tracker.

"Grab that." Jake ordered, waving his hand at Spider.

"They will come to the village. Tell our people. They must see it for themselves. You will stay there, in a Marui hut." Tonowari spoke loudly. He stood on the back of the tulkun, spear in hand.

"We will be out by eclipse. Earlier even. We will not alert the team, Jake. They won't find you." Spider said, looking between the two men.
Each with a nod, they pulled the tracker out.

"Let's go." Spider said, pulling my hand to him and seating me with Jake and his mate.

"We have a lot to do." Jake growls. He felt the tracker in his hands before taking the control of the large animal. There we slid in the water, back to the village.

AN: so sorry I have not posted :(

I have landed at my destination and I am at my house now ❤️ I will continue to upload once a day until I get back :)

How did you like this chapter? A nice spin hopefully 🤭

Let me know!
Much love -A.❤️