20

It was time to finally fly the team's Ikran. Taking about 2 days, they finally managed to form a bond powerful enough to take the whole team out into the forest. Of course, I couldn't help but mourn for the banshees. These were not good people.

If the forest taught me anything, it taught me that reward will come to the pure of heart and to the weak they will perish.
Lessons live within the soil and the trees who tower over it. You just have to know how to look for it.

"We need you two out again." A man said, strapping gear to the backs of the avatars.
He didn't take his eyes off of the buttons and clasps he began to move and tighten.

Standing with my arms crossed, I nodded. It was the same occurrence every day. Watching the gear, memorizing the names of weapons, set out into the forest to cover miles of grass and trees.

"Okay." I responded.
The air outside was chilling today, not like it usually was. The wind blew harder over our bodies, pulling the extra flaps of clothing with it.

"What's wrong?" Spider said to me, grabbing my tricep and pulling me out of my distant gaze. Someone was always there to grab the moment away from me. Always.

"It just feels different today." I said, pulling my arm away from him coldly. A large breath filled my lungs, urging me to sigh.

"Yeah, It does." He responded, walking towards the plane. Regret filled my stomach as I watched him walk, arms crossed and stumbling a bit.

Groaning and rolling my eyes, I picked up my feet at a quick pace to follow him into the ship.
"Spider, hey!" I laughed, shoving playfully as I sat down next to him.His fragile expression grew with a sudden smile.

"I'm sorry. I just have a bad feeling about today." I apologized to him, putting my hand on his leg and looking into his eyes.
Back on Earth, this was the sincerest apology I had ever received, so I decided to try it out. Tilting his head, he pulled on his inner cheek with his teeth and replied to me in a soft manner.

"Don't worry about it. I cant stay mad at you." He smiled, poking me in the side and laughing at my reaction.

"You're like a child." I laughed, swatting his hands away from me. Part of me began to wonder if he had done this before, being so perfect at it as he was.

Shrug it off.

"Don't go too far." He played with a serious tone, grabbing my hands from swatting him and holding them tightly.

I scoffed at his expression.
"A man child... with ugly leg hair." I scoffed again, widening my eyes and tilting my head back to look him up and down.

"I could say the same about you!" He played back. Looking down at my legs, my mouth fell open.

"Man child." I said again, loudly like swearing.

"Alright, let her go." The pilot screeched, jumping onto the plane and facing the avatars, with his hands clasped in front of him. He seemed oddly professional for a guy who was just pressing some buttons.

"Skxawng." Spider groaned, letting go of my hands.  I felt my wrists where he gripped them tightly, rubbing away the red and white lines from pressure.

"Then, move out!" I shouted, rolling my eyes and making a face of disgust.

"Yes. Thank you." The pilot said sarcastically, tapping the outside of the plane and jumping into his seat.