16

"Tell us about the boy." The woman said to me. She spoke calmly with her hands behind her back.
I stood, strapped into the machine I had once watched strip away the happiness from my only friend.
Cold metal bars clasped my arms and legs.

"I don't know!" I screamed as I pulled against the machine.
My eyes rolled back in my head at the flashes of green light coming from the rounding LEDs.

With my eyes shut tight I could still see the light flashing through my skin.
A headache pained behind my eyes and crept down to the back of my head.

"What does he know?" She said louder, putting her hand on the button that sat at the top of the podium she stood on.

"Please, stop." I said, shutting my eyes tighter as the light seeped in.
I could feel my body losing control and the fear taking over.

It had become more painful as time went on, questioning me with no answers. Hours.
The colonel sat at the door, blocking it to the others who surely saw what was happening.

"Just stop." He said, waving his hand to the woman as she stood staring at me.
She turned to him with a gasp.
"Have you gone mad? She knows something!" She said to him, walking quickly to him for how small she was.

"She is your daughter. You will not kill her." I heard the colonel say through the whirring of the green lights.
My heart skipped as his words.

That is my mother.

My own blood family, torturing me.
I couldn't cry, I couldn't beg anymore. The pain was numb. I had nobody.

Spider hadn't come looking for me, my lab mates watched as a man drug a 16 year old girl across the floor.
My own mother sacrificed my potential life for money.

All for the government.

"Stop." He finally ordered, looking down to the woman and raising his eyebrows.

"Fine." She growled, walking slowly over to the machine and pressing a button.

"You are nothing to me." She sneered to me as my nose and ears began to drip with blood.
I felt the trickle down my chin and neck. Red lines covered my scars, smearing in the folds of my skin.

"You broke, you numb nuts." I said with a weak voice. The life had been almost sucked completely out of my body, but I still had it in me to make his life just a little bit worse.

He sighed, walking over to the clamps on my arms and legs.
Releasing me, my body fell down to the ground. A cut from the screw on the bars made it's way up my back, stinging.

"Oh shit." I said, touching around my back to find the spot.
He looked to me with numb expressions.

"I know you love him, but he will betray you. He will betray us all." The colonel said softly. For the first time he had shown love for his son, and now it's being taken from him again.

I couldn't find the words to speak to him.

"Get out." He said, raising his voice.

I scrambled from my sitting stance and started to walk. Stumbling from my loss of blood, I staggered to my room.

    ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Knocking came from my door.
Loud bangs, one after the other. They continued until I stood and walked over, pulling the heavy metal door open to reveal him.

"Spider?" I said looking at him in confusion.

"How did you know where I was? And you're not allowed to be in here." I said to him, standing in the doorway holding open the large door.