33

Spider and I sat at the table, watching the holographic maps of the ocean. I saw faint dots of green and white in the distance, and the ship soared to them. For as large as the ship was, it moved slowly with smaller ships on the sides of it.

"I guess those are what we're after, huh?" I spoke tiredly, leaning my hands on my face as staring deeply at the moving dots. I could hear small beeping from the spots as they moved in circles around each other.
"Yeah. There's so many of them, it looks like a family." Spider smiled into the map.

We were still alone in the room together since waking.

"A family, yeah. I hope they don't kill any mothers, especially if there's a child." I responded to him. I felt guilty, for no reason. The spots on the map became closer the longer we sat to watch them, and the guilt grew stronger.

"If there's a mother, they're definitely going for it first. These guys like... hate all things female." Spider laughed at the thought of this.

"Hey! Don't ever act like that." I joked to him, slapping him with my hand on the arm. He pulled his arm away and rubbed it, looking back between the map and I.

"Promise." He smiled, putting his hands backup in the air in surrender.

The air around us was colder now, inside the building. We flew further into the ocean, and closer to the dots. Still many feet away.

"I wonder what exactly they're hunting. Maybe it says somewhere around here." Spider spoke to clear the awkward tension. He pushed himself away in the chair and examined the room. Not many things were around, only a few binders.
The glare of the plastic caught both of our eyes as I opened my mouth to speak again.

"Oh, there." I said with a straight face. I pushed myself out of the chair the same way Spider did and took a few quick steps across the room.

The binders sat wedged in between the corner and a large piece of equipment. I grabbed the corner and my hands slipped. A sharp edge of plastic wrap cut the underside of my index finger. Groaning, I turned my hand to my face and watched the blood.

"Shit. Another scar." I laughed, seeing Spider stand next to me. The blood dripped down my finger, into my palm where it pooled. I heard Spider wince as he looked to my hand.

"Ew! There's a kit over there." He pointed, grabbing at the binders in the same way I did. His rough skin shielded him from the hard plastic, and he slid the binders out with a jerk.
"What happened to the guy who wrapped my back, huh?" I laughed, pulling the kit from its lock with my bloodied hand.

"Oh. Well... I thought that now that we- here let me help." He stuttered with worry in his voice. He dropped the binders back on the table and started to dodge chairs. He tried to get to me as quickly as possible, and it made a laugh start in my throat.

"Stop! I'm okay." I reassured him with a tilt of my head. The box creaked as I dug through supplies to find a wrap for my hand. There was nothing similar to Earth, it was more complicated.

"Fine." He threw his hands up in surrender and sat in the chair next to the kit. He put his palm to his jaw and watched me struggle to find the cleanser.

"Use that." He pointed, with a cocky smile.

I grabbed a small bottle from the kit with a brown plastic case. It had a white lid and read "cleanser."

"For such technologically advanced men, they do not posses great things for this." I chuckled, screwing off the lid and grabbing cotton. The roll fluffed open and sent small pieces of cotton floating around the room.

"That's true. Back in the forest, my best friend Kiri carried a medicine pouch. She is way better than this shit. They use barks and plant extracts to heal wounds, it's really cool." He smiles, taking a piece of cotton and rolling it between his fingers.

"Should I be worried? You like her!" I teased him with a sing-song voice. He poked me in my side, pushing me slightly.

"Yeah, I like her. She's my sister! But..." he paused, finishing the wrap over my finger quickly and cocking his head to catch my glance. He placed his hand over mine and rubbed it gently.

"But I love you." He smiled, placing a chaste kiss on my lips. His kiss was soft and quick. But it burned in my heart as he pulled away.

"Save it, monkey boy. You like her!" I teased him again, throwing a bit of cotton over into his face.

He jumped back in shock, twisting and turning in his chair to find the cotton on his body. I watched him struggle while covering my mouth in a laugh. Spider eventually gave up and looked at me with a defeated expression. He pursed his lips and widened his eyes to me.

"Get it off." He said, pursing his lips in an annoyed way.

"No... I won't." I chuckled, seeing the cotton stuck around one of his twisted hair. He cocked his head and asked me again, nicer this time.
"Please?" He smiled, faking it.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes. I fixed the wrap over my hand and dug through his heavy hair to grab the cotton. I unravelled it from the twist and threw it back on the table.

"You really need your hair done." I groaned with a disgusted face. I looked to my hands and rubbed them playfully, as to dust them off.

"Me? Wow, Grey. I never knew you could stoop so low." He shook his head in disbelief, pouting.

"It's just in my nature, I guess." I played back, smiling as his eyes contacted with mine. He smiled to me, placing a hand over my leg and holding it gently. I felt that familiar burn again, deeper in my heart. I remembered my dream, seeing him differently. I leaned forward, placing my forehead to his. I felt him breathing, thinking and wishing.

I'm my trance of thoughts, the maps beeped. Many team members rushed back into the room, clearing the table. They pushed the kit to the edge and grabbed the now moved binders.

"Oh shit." Spider and I laughed together, closing our eyes as we were caught. It wasn't like we were doing anything wrong, they did leave us together. We smiled roughly at each other before scurrying to the edge of the room.

"No. Shit, they're here." I pointed with his hand. The map blinked from the radar of the ship, the dots closed in. 10? 20?

A colony of them. A family. And we were here to hunt.

AN:
they are so cute together I could just eat them. I wrote this in a rush so pls lmk about typos LOL

How did you feel about this chapter? I couldn't write the scene of the hunt yet because I am still in school UGH

tomorrow it is coming!!

Tell me what you think about our couple:)))

Much love -A.❤️❤️❤️