Morpheus Getting His Lover A Pet Would Include

- Morpheus didn't even understand the concept of pets. They were just more work, and couldn't hold conversation the way that (some) intelligent creatures such as humans could.

- The closest thing he could think of to compare would be his ravens, but that wasn't the same. The ravens were conscious, intelligent. It was what made them useful, tricking him into forming attachments to them.

- But keeping some random animal, loving it as if it were almost family... it was a very earthen tradition. Something he didn't completely expect his god lover to want, but they had always had that connection to humankind that Morpheus tried to avoid.

- It was part of the reason he loved you. You were so many of the things that he adored but could never be. Kind and warm, loving almost everyone you came across.

- And so you wanted one of those pets. Always playing with animals you met on earth and constantly talking about that. You just loved animals, they made you happy.

- And Morpheus wanted you to be happy. It was one of his main priorities

- It was when he realized that he had to go away occasionally for whatever kingly duties he had, that he caved in and got you a pet.

- Few things hurt him more than the thought of leaving you alone. You'd have Lucienne and Matthew, sure. But he wanted you to have someone or something that you could have with you all the time

- So he got you whatever pet you wanted the most, thrilling you. It made it all worth it, seeing how happy you are when he presented it to you. A small smile playing on his lips as he watched you play with your new housemate.

- After all, Morpheus would give you whatever you wanted