In Sickess and in Health (Morpheus x Reader)

Morpheus knew immediately something wasn't right with his lover. Even from the Dreaming, there was a tightening in his chest that couldn't be ignored.

He transported himself to their house, standing in the kitchen while he noticed the dirty dishes in the sink. Noticed the empty Tylenol bottle on the counter.

He could hear coughing from the bedroom, worry clouding his thoughts. Was (Y/N) being struck down by an illness? Was it bad? Knocking on the bedroom door, he called out to them. "(Y/N), are you feeling poorly?"

There was rustling on the other side of the door, followed by a dry chuckle. Which was in turn followed by a coughing fit. "Yeah, it's just a cold. I'll be fine."

Morpheus rolled his eyes at their dismissal of their health, turning the doorknob and stepping inside the room. As he expected they didn't look very well. Not deathly ill, he knew that immediately. But definitely sick enough that they were lying in bed with a tissue box beside them on the comforter. An empty glass on the nightstand on the other side.

"Clearly." Sarcasm lacing his voice. He reached up, checking their temperature with a hand on their forehead. "Do you need anything?"

"Some supernatural healing would be great." They chuckled, but Morpheus just sighed.

"Healing human illnesses is not one of my powers. I apologize". And he really was, he hated to see his lover in pain.

They just collapsed back against the pillow, Morpheus's hand in theirs. "Damn. That sucks. You should probably get back to work then, I don't want anyone seeing me like this."

Morpheus made a non committal noise, taking the empty glass from their nightstand and leaving the room.

***

"Damn, back so soon?" (Y/N) coughed out a laugh a few seconds later, when Morpheus reentered the room.

He raised the glass, which was now full. "I simply left to get you more water. I'm not planning on going home." He looked down at them gently. "I'm more needed here."

They groaned. "I looked terrible, though." Their complain was dismissed by Morpheus.

"You look fine." He pulled himself up on the bed, pulling them next to him. "You always look perfect to me."

(Y/N) scoffed. However, they still cuddled up next to him, choosing not to reply sarcastically to his compliment. He held them gently, their head on his chest. His fingers gently traced over their arm as he pressed a kiss to their forehead.

"I'll stay until you feel better." He told them, meaning every word.

They hummed gently, voice tired and muffled against his chest. "Umm, in sickness and in health, I guess."

"Pardon?" He tilted his head with a small smile. Knowing exactly what they were referencing, but wanted them to say it.

(Y/N) clearly regretted it, however. "It's... it's just some wedding vows that." They stuttered, embarrassed for their sleepy words

"Does that mean you want to get married?" He asked, very interested in the answer.

"No, I just..."

"- Because I would not be opposed to that."

They paused, absorbing his words. Making them make sense in their head. A shy smile was beginning to appear of their face. "You want to marry me?" Asked (Y/N) softly.

"To be bound to you." Morpheus raised his free hand to stroke their face, staring that his lover with a loving expression. "Would be a paradise to me."

He chuckled as they buried their face into his neck, hiding their face. But he could feel them grinning again him. Feel their joy at his words.

"Maybe ask me again when I don't look like I'm dying." They spoke against his neck, tone gleeful. "You'll get my answer then."

He already knew what their answer would be, but he nodded. "Of course."

Happy to hold them in his arms as they fell asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.

Requested by @Charlielovesjazz & @leviathan8068

The Sandman Oneshots & Headcanonsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें