Wanted and Needed (Desire x Reader)

Desire didn't want to admit it, both to themself or to others. It felt like a weakness. They had fallen in love with a mortal. It seemed impossible, but they had and they couldn't push it away.

Before, it had been Dream who constantly fell for the wrong people. And Desire had been amused by it, thinking that their brother was a fool. But now they were the fool and (Y/N) was in their mind, constantly.

When Desire had first met them, it had been because of Dream. They knew that their brother was friendly with the mortal, and Desire wanted to know more. Could they manipulate them? Could they be used as revenge against Dream?

But instead, all the time spent with (Y/N) made Desire fall in love with them. Completely unexpectedly, without warning.

And now, they stood in their realm, trying to stay away from the human. Knowing that it would hurt (Y/N)'s feelings to avoid them, but also knowing that no good could come from an Endless loving a human.

The problem was that it was incredibly difficult not to be close to them.

***

(Y/N) sat on the couch in their home, some show playing on the tv that they weren't really paying attention to. Their mind was stuck on Desire, the gorgeous and clever being that they loved but believed that they could never have.

A week previously, the Endless had told (Y/N) that they loved them before disappearing. It had caused the mortal to go from happy and loving to heartbroken in a matter of minutes and they still hadn't recovered.

They hadn't seen Desire since then, but they couldn't get the immortal out of their mind.

And then the doorbell rang.

(Y/N) pulled open the door. "You're back." They said, immediately recognizing who was standing in front of them in designer clothes.

"Yes, darling." Desire was smiling, but there was an almost apologetic look in their eyes. "I should have come earlier but -"

"You're right, you should have."

The Endless sighed, knowing they would have to make an effort to salvage this. "I wasn't going to come, for your protect. There are many people who would love to get their hands on the lover of an Endless. But... I couldn't stay away."

"You can't just tell me things like that and expect me to forgive you." (Y/N) replied, arms crossed defensively. "I won't do it."

But Desire stepped closer, putting their hand on (Y/N) arm. "I know, darling. And I'm sorry. I hope to regain your trust. And your love." They moved their hands to (Y/N) shoulders, holding them close.

(Y/N) hesitated, leaning against Desires touch. "You... you don't need to regain my love." They told the powerful being. "I just want you to promise not to run away again."

Desire considered denying that they had run away, but knew it would only hurt their chances to keep (Y/N). "I promise." They swore, pulling their lover into a deep kiss.

Whatever troubles would come from their relationship, Desire would deal with it. They would keep (Y/N) for as long as they possibly could.