Wake Up, Darling (Morpheus x Faerie!Reader)

The rage that the King of the Dreaming felt for the Burgess family was unending and all-powerful. Only restrained by the cage he was kept in. He wanted them dead, destroyed. To pay for the pain that they had caused him and the ones he loved.

The pain was all consuming. So much had been taken from Morpheus. His freedom has been stolen away from a twisted warlock, obsessed with power. But there was also his son, and Morpheus had a special fury reserved for the son.

Jessamy had found him, tried to rescue him. But she hadn't been the only one. His spouse had joined his raven, trying to get him out. Thrilled to see him again, to be so close to him across from the glass.

But Alex Burgees had shot Jessamy. And he had shot (Y/N). Taking his most loyal companion as well as the person that Morpheus loved away from him in a single minute.

He had lost his raven. He had lost his life partner. There was nothing left in him except for anger.

In fact, it was years, decades until he learned that (Y/N) was still alive. That they had survived the violence done to them.

He was told by Alex Burgess, the one good thing that the human had done for him, when he was growing old and desperate. "Your... friend, they are still alive, they haven't woken up yet but I'll let them go if you just promise not to hurt us. That's all I need. Just a promise, some guarantee." He kept saying things like that, making promises involving (Y/N). Wanting Morpheus to spare him and his husband.

But Morpheus didn't respond, barely believing him. And even if Morpheus did believe him, he wouldn't make that promise. Alex Burgess would pay for his crimes. Pay for what he did to Jessamy. Pay for injuring and imprisoning (Y/N).

And he did. When Morpheus was freed, he immediately dealt with Alex.

Then he found his lover.

As a Faerie, (Y/N) had the ability to put themself in a magic induced coma to heal. And even then, they would stay asleep until their body would know they were asleep.

Morpheus couldn't wake them, being much too weak from his cage to break through the barriers of their mental defenses.

***

But when he finally got his tools back, he could get the love of his life back. The anticipation making him shiver as he looked upon his sleeping lover. His sleeping beauty.

His hand in theirs, connecting then as he slipped into their mind. "Wake up, (Y/N). You're safe, my darling." His pleads were heard by them. Their first sign of consciousness was them gently gripping his hand.

"Morpheus?" They opened their eyes, bringing a smile to Morpheus's face. "You're free?"

He pulled his spouse into a deep kiss, thrilled to see their beautiful eyes once again. To hear their voice.

"Yes, as are you."

They were both finally safe.