For Anything (Desire x Male!Reader)

Desire had spent millennia causing trouble with wishes and desires. Knowing what people wanted and giving and taking those things for maximum effect. Maybe it was their punishment, then. Loving someone, with the fear that they might lose their love. Not only to death, but to anything.

Desire's lover was everything they wanted, he didn't object to their mischief and always made Desire feel so... desirable. But (Y/N) had a life of his own, and he couldn't always add them into that. So there were occasionally times when The Endless would rest in their realm, worrying that their lover had forgotten about them.

This was one of those times, and Desire finally gave in and decided to visit (Y/N) in the mortal realm.

When they found him, he was talking to some human, filling Desire with irritation. It wasn't that they were worried about (Y/N) doing anything wrong. But they did wish he was speaking to them instead.

They thought about going to interrupt, to scare the little human away. But (Y/N) quickly spotted them before they could make a decision. To Desire's surprise (and joy), he immediately left the conversation to jog up to his partner.

"Hey." He leaned in to kiss them, looking so pleased with Desire's presence. It was so endearing to Desire, the love that (Y/N) visibly had for them. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm not allowed to want to see you?" Desire said, eyebrow arched. They put on an air of superiority but couldn't help but smile at (Y/N) full attention being on them. "You are mine, after all."

He grinned, taking their hand and threading his fingers through theirs. "True. I just thought you were busy. Being an Endless and stuff."

"I don't have to be there all the time."

Desire honestly enjoyed explaining their powers and responsibilities to (Y/N), enjoyed being the most intelligent being in the room. They liked that (Y/N) was interested in everything they had to say.

"Oh, okay. Cool. Well, I was just about to grab dinner. You wanna come?"

They chuckled, looking at their lover. They didn't know how they had managed to find someone that they loved as much as they loved him. "I'd love to." They told him. "Although you'll have to let me get changed into something nicer."

(Y/N) nodded, also wondering how they had managed to get a partner as intriguing as Desire.

Neither of them could understand how the two of them were together, but they were definitely glad they were. They wouldn't give each other up for anything