Ch.45

Last night Nate left his brother in charge of the kingdom until he came back in a few days. He needed to get answers on Nessa' s so called “death", and he wasn't getting them on Titan. After consulting his mother Death, she had informed him if Nessa was dead or anywhere near dying she would be able to sense her.

So she was not dead, just missing along with his evil father who he thought he'd had killed almost a year ago. To say he was frustrated was an understatement.

Back in Asgard Loki had been going crazy trying to figure out what happened with Nessa. In their lessons Nessa had never been taught to use her powers for such destruction, but just a day ago she did.

Loki was not aware that she had that type of power in her. Even if she did he would have thought that it would take her a bit of time to even learn how to summon that type of power. So now all he had to go on was that she was either dead, or missing in deep space.

A cry brought him out of his deep thought and he looked down into the cradle at his tiny baby. Loki felt bad, in all the time he had been spending searching for answers on Nessa he had barely spent anytime with his newest daughter Malin.

He picked her up and rocked her slowly back to sleep. She was different than Nessa as a baby, a lot quieter, but a very hungry baby. All the little baby did was eat.

Both of his girls had his dark wispy hair that would soon turn into a wild mess of curls. The two had honey tinted skin from their mother and if Malin would open up her eyes he could see what color they were.

Loki looked into her mind and saw a small red cloud of swirling power, just like Nessa when she was a baby. When the time came their newest child would be just as powerful as her older sister.

.

Nessa' s POV

I sat up on the cold hard ground and clutched my stomach. A sharp pain ran through my abdomen and left me breathless. I looked down at my waist, and my dress was tainted with blood.

I bit my lip and suffered through another sharp pain, this wasn't a normal type of pain. Hot tears leaked out of my eyes against my will and I whimpered from the pain.

Then... I passed out. Again.

Nate' s POV

I arrived at the castle and met with Thor, because the All Father took the day to help aid in search for his granddaughter.

“It has been absolute chaos here these past few days. It was only after the surprise attack of the Frost Giants that we learned it was a ploy for Thanos to penetrate our defenses." Thor informed me. I scowled at the mention of my father's name.

“Since when have the Frost Giant been working with him?" I asked as we headed down to the dungeons.

“That we do not know, the one Frost Giant that we had been able to detain has given us no answers. They may have given him asylum when you thought you had killed him the first time." Thor told me. I clenched my fists in anger, there would have been no first time if I had known how to kill him properly.

“Where is the prisoner?" I asked him as we walked down the line of cells. He pointed down the line and I continued on. “I'll have your answers." I called behind me. Thor didn't answer back as I continued further.

I let my power surge through me and I merged into my full Titan form. I kept walking my foot steps now making significant noise and stopped in front of the cell that Thor had gestured to. Inside of the large detaining area the opal tinted giant sat in the middle of the room with chains binding him to the floor.

I entered and stared him down harshly. Assessing his appearance I could tell that the palace guards had done a number on him... not as much as I would have liked though. He had played a hand in the situation that Nessa was in right now.

“Hmmm... the new King of Titan. Your father has talked about you a lot." He rasped. I cracked my knuckles and he flinched with every crack. “I am pretty sure the old bastard had much to say about me." I paced the interior of the cell and watched him like a predator would watch his prey.

“Why did you grant my father asylum. Surely you knew what consequences would follow when any sane person caught wind of this news. Your already desolate.... realm doesn't need to take any more beatings." I said watching with amusement as he reacted to my words.

He strained against the chains that held him bound to the floor, trying to get to me. “When was the first time that Thanos came to you." I demanded. The giant said nothing oddly silent now that I was asking questions.

I sighed and my right hand erupted into a hot active flame. In four steps I was standing above the giant with my hand three centimetres from setting him ablaze. He panted trying to get away from my hot hands threatening to melt his icy face off.

“Are you going to talk or am I gonna have to melt half you away before you squeal like a pig?" I asked pulling his face harshly to me with my unlit hand.

He resisted for a moment and I started to heat up my fingertips till they turned white hot. He roared in pain and tried to jerk out of my hold unsuccessfully. I turned without letting go as guards came to see what the common was.

“All is fine." I said before turning back to the quivering Frost Giant. “Now are you going to tell me what I want to know?" I asked him again. It was funny though I wasn't giving him a choice.

He nodded desperately and I extinguished my fire. “Speak." I ordered.

.

Third Person POV

Heimdal stood at his helm watching all of the universe, but today he was looking for a special someone in particular. He stood still and held his breathe as his eye flickered in recognition. My king I have found her.

He took his sword and and slid it into the slot quickly before twisting it sharply to the right. He left his post and walked into the portal that rocketed him through deep space.

In a rainbow of colors he landed onto the dry dirt caked land that twenty feet away lay the Princess. He stood up and jogged to her still form. With hesitance he checked her pulse and was reluctant to find a slow but unsteady one.

He went to gather her up in his arms but stopped when he noticed the dried blood that lay in a puddle around her. He was almost afraid to move her in this condition but he knew he had to get her to safety.

With great care he picked up her limp body and summoned the Bi Frost to pick them up. He held her tightly to his body to reduce the jostling her already fragile body.

He stumbled a bit when he landed back at the entrance of the Bi Frost but regained his footing easily.

Already waiting for him The All Father, several healers, Loki, and Nathan stood anxiously. When you looked at Nessa though she looked dead....