Ch. 43

Nate and I went back to Titan after the conference, but as my mother's due date grew closer I came back to Asgard. And jeez who knew pregnant women were so irritable? I'd gotten snapped at things thrown at me and even cried on.

I retreated to my room in an attempt to hide out from my mother when I ran into Loki himself. He raised an eyebrow at me knowingly and I sighed in exhaustion. “I don't understand she's so.... hormonal."

Loki laughed and gave me a hug. “I know how it is she was worse when pregnant with you."

I glared at him and he laughed harder at me. “My dear you do not intimidate me." He teased. I huffed as my eyes dropped tiredly. “Well I'm gonna-" I was cut off by numerous alarms going of shrill around the palace.

Before I could react Loki spun me around and looked at me with an urgent expression. “Nessa you need to find your mother. Stay with her until I come for you." He says kissing me on the head.

I started to protest but a guard ran by with his sword at the ready. Loki reached into his cloak and pulled out a dagger. “Use it, love." He ordered before turning and hurrying down the hallway.

I immediately took off running to my mother's room and as I rounded the corner I came face to face with a giant blue Frost Giant. My breath caught in my throat as his blood red eyes fixated them selves on me.

My eyes flickered behind him and to my mother's door. It was locked tight, thank God.

I gripped the dagger tightly and stood in a defensive stance. I had to beat this guy, it was my life or his and no one would be here to rescue me.

“Puny little girl, you are much like your father." his deep voice sent chills down my spine. “You know nothing about me!" I spat. I did a once over with his body saw no armour protecting his body, but he was a Frost Giant and he could grow shanks from his own hands.

And grow a shank he did. A cold large one the size of my head. I shivered from the sudden drop in temperature.

I was glad I took the stance I did because I would have been knocked off my feet by the sheer power of the strike the Frost Giant threw at me.

I threw up my hands and a green shield popped up just in time to block the icy arrows directed for my head. Time to use your powers Nessa. I thought trying to hold my stance, but the giant currently pummeling my force field was giving me a bit of a disadvantage.

I pushed my arms out more and the giant grunted against me. I pulled back one hand and threw a fire ball at him. It landed smack against his the side of his and sizzled horribly.

He roared angrily and clawed at his face to make my fire ball go away. Bad mistake on his part. I grabbed my knife and thrust it into his gut.

If he was angry before, now he was livid. His left hand caught me off guard and I was swept off off my feet and slammed into the nearest wall.

The breathe was knocked out of my lungs and all you could hear in the room was the sound of the giants heavy breathing. I looked just as he yanked the dagger out of his gut and tossed it aimlessly across the room.

“Shit..." I muttered putting all of my energy into a force field that would protect me from his hulking figure that was now charging me.

His body slammed into my shield but I was ready. I fought back with a surge of power and it shocked him as soon as his cold skin came into contact with my protective ball.

He yelped and prepared to attack when he went rigid. We both looked down at his chest and stared at the shiny blade poking through. It dripped of his blue blood as it was pulled out of from behind his chest.