chapter 18

I was actually glad I had grabbed the earpiece from Tony's counter. It kept us from running into the other Avengers.

Because if we where caught Natasha would surely shoot me in the gut for being out here.

As if it was instinct I looked up the second I was knocked out of Nate's arms and now was plummeting towards the earth.

A scream ripped from my throat as I fell several hundred feet in the air. Then finally at the last second I was caught roughly, but not by Nate.

Loki.

I struggled as he held me in his arms with a steely grip, it was obvious he wasn't letting go of me anytime soon. I whipped my head around and saw Nate being chained by the aliens.

I sighed in somewhat relief when I saw them begin to follow us where ever we were going.

...

“Why are you going this to me? I want to stay on earth, my life is here." I yelled trying to push away from Loki.

We were now standing in the middle of all the chaos, and I could here the sounds of the Avengers coming closer.

I scowled when I didn't get any type of response from Loki. Great now he's ignoring me.

I looked around and spotted Nate kneeling on the ground in chains. The aliens guarding him had one of their spears at his neck and they where growing restless by the second.

I struggled against Loki and kept pulling until he clamped his hand even tighter around my wrist. I cried out and stopped struggling against him.

Tears ran down my face from the pain as I looked up at Nate. Nate was shouting and trying to get to me now.

I hiccuped and tore my hand from Loki's grasp defiantly surprising the both of us. I glared at him as I rubbed my red wrist.

When I looked up in his eyes for a second the green emerald that I'd known for a short amount of time shone through but then it turned back into the blue that made him mean.

“You will listen to me, and only me. After I am crowned as King of this realm you WILL heed to my orders. Now st-"

“Step away from the girl Loki!" Stark yelled ending Loki's malice filled rant. I stepped back a little tripping back on my butt when Loki whipped his head up to Stark.

I saw him grasp his spear tighter before he shot a bolt of power at Stark.

I scrambled up and onto my feet and ran towards Nate.

The aliens guarding him where so confused, they didn't know whether or not to stop me or shoot me, because if they hurt me in any way Loki unrelenting wrath would rain down upon them.

“Nessa No!" I had turned too late to see the Alien behind me shoot at my back. A beam of energy was now headed straight towards my heart.

I turned and balled myself up but nothing happened. I peeked open one eye and saw Nate fully ablaze and glaring at the alien.

The ugly old thing screeched loudly when Nate sent a fire ball his way. Upon contact the stupid thing burst into flames and was easily melted.

I looked behind us and all I saw was smoldering masses of what had been alien. Nate extinguished his inferno quickly and grabbed me into a hug.

I pulled back quickly and he groaned lowly. “What's wrong?" I demanded trying to look at his stomach.

He shook his head and pulled me away out of the line of fire. We crouched underneath a car and I finally saw the dark crimson blood staining his suit.

“Nessa look at me." He ordered trying to get me to look away from the spreading blood. “Look at me Nessa." He whispered, his voice was growing soft and faraway.

He slumped back slowly against the car that was shielding us.

I looked into his brown eyes slowly and bit my lip trying not to cry. “I can't lose you Nate. Not you." I whispered trying to keep the tears in my eyes at bay.

He grabbed both of my hands and kissed my cheek softly.

“It's alright. At least I would have died saving you, I l-l..." he didn't finish his sentence. I looked into his unseeing eyes and whimpered.

“Nate..." I whispered desperately shaking his shoulder a little bit. He didn't move and my heart dropped even further. I couldn't... I couldn't live without him. Please don't do this to me God...

“Please!" I cried burying my head into his shoulder.  I sobbed trying to get a hold of myself when a scaly hand latched onto my shoulder.

I turned and saw an ugly alien. They did this. And they were going to pay.

I wretched my arm away and stood up to my full height easily making it to the aliens shoulder. “You're going to regret this you bastard." I whispered menacingly.