Ch.30

When we go to school the following morning I know everyone will be talking about how I disappeared but Tony pulled some strings and had Nate's schedule changed so that we both had the same classes.

I bid Boris goodbye and promised I would call the second I felt that some thing was wrong. I pulled Nate over to Cory. When he set eyes on me he charged me and scooped me up in a hug. “What the actual hell is wrong with you? Just disappearing on people! Just because you can do that magic crap doesn't mean I don't need a twenty minute notice!" he scolded. I tugged on the sleeve of his shirt and gave him a look.

“Keep it down nut case. Jesus sometimes you can be a total girl." I growl before quickly telling him I had a flash back. I hated to lie but the less people knew the easier this would be.

I turned around and saw girls crowding around Nate. Jealousy surged through me and I crossed my arms. I pursed my lips when Nate sent me a helpless look but I glared at him and turned around. I peeked back and saw him wading through the sea of now disappointed girls.

I still had my arms crossed when he started speaking. “Ness don't be like that. You know I don't like any of those girls. I love you." He says sweetly. I can't help but try and hide a smile in his chest. But I slap him in the chest.

.

.

.

At lunch I'm stewing with hatred for the amount of girls staring and shamelessly flirting with Nate. Even though he tried to ignore them and had his arm around me they still came back for more.

I even had to slap a couple of hands away and I was quickly becoming angrier at the looks I was getting from Lucy. Coincidentally Lucy was Mazzilin and Cory' s sister so I couldn't openly slit her neck. But I could tell her to shove off.

And I did a couple of times before Nate had to drag me away to a quiet place. “Your jealously is a turn on." He mumbles once were sitting out on the front lawn outside. I blush before rolling my eyes.

“Whatever... those girls just need to learn their place. Rats..." I mumble. He chuckles and pulls me close before placing a sweet kiss on my lips.

Towards the end of the day I'm more exhausted from fending off the stupid girls than I had been during Clint' s brutal training sessions. Our last class is gym and I'm ready to beat every person in this school to bits. Between the staring, and gossiping I felt like plotting each and everyone of their deaths.

“Alright class we will be starting our wrestling unit today. Who here has had experience in wrestling?" our gym teacher asks. Nate, a few others and I raise our hands.

He nods and we put our hands down. Okay I will split everyone up equally by their gender. Lucy better count her lucky stars that we weren't paired up as partners. But I was partnered up with her equally annoying best friend Alice.

Alice was slightly bigger than I was but nothing I couldn't take. She sized me up and then sneered at me. I glared back at her and cracked my knuckles.

The coach blew his whistle and I charged her. I grabbed her on the waist and lifted slightly before slamming her onto the mat. She groaned and I was pulled off of her by the coach. He chuckled nervously as I stepped back and eyed Alice like a predator.

She was out since I got her out of the circle and I was moved onto the next person. I kept winning each match until the bell rang signaling the end of the day.

I quickly changed and met Nate outside of the school building and we waited for Boris to pick us up. I'm so tired that I'm basically a walking zombie. I trudge to my room and drop my bag onto the floor before collapsing on the bed.

I quickly fall into a fitful sleep.

When I wake up I instantly know something is wrong. A small noise alerts me of someone in my room and I nearly get whip lash from turning my head so fast.

I see a huge hunched over looking being standing in the middle of my room about three feet away from my bed. I scramble to my feet remembering when Death talked about The Other.

It hissed and in a flash had me by the neck against the wall. A strangled scream forced its way out of my mouth as I struggled to breathe. Pain burned my neck like hot fire from the creatures talons.

“It has come to the attention of my master that you are alive. It will also be my duty to kill you..." The Other dropped me onto the floor and I gasped trying to catch my breathe.

“But that time has not come yet. I can assure you though it will be long and painful like how I now torture your bastard fathe-" I cut off the dammed evil being with a piercing scream that could rival a siren's.

The thing hissed and had me up against the wall again. This time his hands were tighter and were threatening to crush my wind pipe. “You stupid mewling quim. Now I will kill you!" he sneered. I cry out feeling the burning of my skin underneath its grey hands.

My vision started blur out when I heard a bang and then shouting. The Other let go of my neck and I slid down onto the floor. I had just regained my breath when I saw Nate's hands flame up and with a quick move he snapped the Alien's neck.

I heard Tony cursing as I struggled to my feet. I fell against Nate' s chest and he caught me in arms. His skin was hot but gave me comfort as I held my neck and tried to breathe.

Adding to the chaos before our eyes Death herself appears and disposes of the body quickly but she doesn't leave this time. I push out of Nate's arms and stagger to her. She turns to me and sees my neck. She curses and presses her hand to the side. The bruising that had already started instantly faded away and I could breathe properly again.

“Anthony Stark do you have a place we can talk in private?" Death turns to Tony and he nods stiffly. He leads us to his office and closes the door behind him.

Death sits on a sofa and rings her hands nervously while Nate stares at her. I don't think I've ever seen her nervous in the one time I've met her. She turns to me. “ The Other has turned up earlier than I have predicted, and that means we have little time to prepare the two of you." She says pushing back her hood that had sat on her head.

“Wait hold on prepare for what? And Nessa you know her?" Nate yells incredulously from my side. My eyes dart between the two as Death looks at her son. “Nate she's... she's your mother." I say quietly. He jumps up from the chair and looks at me like I'm a gigantic spider.

His eyes dart in between the two of us as I stand up. “I'll leave you two to talk I'm gonna go talk to Tony." I say excusing myself and quickly leaving. I find Tony outside the door with his arms crossed. I nod and start walking.

In he span of two minutes I explain to him what was going on and swear him to secrecy. He can't tell anyone. “What am I supposed to tell Nick? You kinda can't just leave especially when he knows everything that goes on in the country. And side note, he really does know everything." Tony says sitting on my bed and watching me pack my back pack.

“Well how about the fact that I can't see you, Pepper, Boris or Mila get hurt. I know Thanos technically can not touch earth but he will still find a way to kill me. I don't want anyone I love to get hurt in the cross fires." I say sitting down on the bed beside him.

“You saw how that thing got in here. That's not ever going to happen." I say with steely determination. Thanos had put the people I love in danger and I was not happy.

The door opened and I saw a irritated Nate come into the room. He saw my bag packed and left the room. When he came back he had his own bag and Death was with him. She looked sad and I'm guessing that the talk didn't go well.

I stops up and hugged Tony goodbye. I handed him my phone with a message in it for my dad. I instructed him to hit send once we left.

We went outside and stood on the beach. Once she was ready Death put her hand on each of our shoulders and I felt my body go light weight. I reached for Nate's hand at the last second before we disappeared.