As soon as I looked back down into my journal, writing some lyrics that came to my mind a few days ago, a noise from the kitchen, the sound of something fragile hitting the floor and shattering had my attention.

"Harry?" I called, looking up and setting my journal down. "Haz, are you alright?"

No response.

I stood up, making my way to the kitchen and stopped as I reached the counter.

Harry was on the floor, sat against the cabinets, more tense than I saw him in the past few days. He was shaking, like properly trembling and shockingly pale. In fact, he was so pale, his face was tinted green. Around him was a mess of ceramic shards of an empty mug.

"Fuck." I let out, tiptoeing over the shards and lowered myself directly in front of Harry. "Babe, are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?"

Harry didn't say anything, his neck arched upward, clenched so tightly I could see the veins in his neck and forehead.

I cupped his cheek. "Can you stand, love?"

"No, I-." He inhaled sharply. "No."

"Okay, that's okay." I said. Now would have been the perfect time to say I told you so, but it wasn't appropriate, not when my boyfriend was in excruciating pain. Harry's hands were shaking so I placed mine on top of his. "I'm gonna grab your painkillers and your brace, okay? We'll get you standing once you're feeling better. Did you cut yourself with the shards? Are you hurt?"

"I'm okay." Harry tried to move, but stopped himself with a gasp.

"Don't move yet, baby." I hesitated, because I didn't want to leave him alone, but I also didn't want him to suffer. "I'll be right back."

I never moved so quickly. I went to the bathroom first, looking for the prescription bottle filled with Harry's pain medication and then went back to our bedroom, getting Harry's brace.

"Here, take this." I dropped two painkillers into Harry's palm and stepped over the shards to get a water bottle from the fridge. I handed it to Harry and sat beside him as I waited for him to swallow down the medicine and make the pain fade a little bit.

Harry shut his eyes, breathing heavy as he tried to block the painful sensation out of his mind. I ran my hand through his hair, trying to comfort him a little. "I'm sorry. You were right. I should've listened to you." He breathed.

"Doesn't matter if I was right or not, love." I said softly, pushing his hair off his face. He was clammy as I touched his face, skin moist with sweat and radiating heat. "You shouldn't be in this much pain, baby. It isn't right. I hate seeing you like this."

"I'm so fucking stupid." Harry swallowed, thickly. "Don't know why I thought it was a good idea to strain myself."

I chuckled a little. "Because you are you and you're so incredibly stubborn sometimes. How are you feeling now? Is the pain starting to lighten up?"

"Little bit." Harry tilted his head down. "Help me put the brace on?"

I nodded, reaching behind me for the brace. I helped Harry slide it on his right arm first, then his left. He adjusted the metal plates until they sat how they should on his chest and stomach. I fastened the straps, hooking them together. "Too tight?" I asked.

"No, it's fine." Harry said.

I stood up first, leaning down to offer myself as a support beam. Harry grabbed my shoulder, pushing down on it, until he found the balance and strength in his legs to stand upright. "Feels like I broke it again." Harry said, still breathing quickly.

"Do you think I should call doctor Russell?" I asked, guiding him out of the kitchen. "Careful, love." I reminded him.

Harry sighed. "To be on the safe side, yeah. It hurts so bad."

"Okay, I'll call him after I cleaned up the kitchen." I led Harry to the couch. "Lay down here, I'll get you some pillows."

I gathered all the big shards and threw them into the rubbish. Next I vacuumed any of the tiny pieces left on the floor and went back to Harry to bring him some more pillows after I was done cleaning up.

"I'm sorry, Y/n, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you the whole time, I should have listened to you. I'm sorry." He grabbed my hand and I sat down next to him as he looked at me with glossy eyes. "I know you only want the best for me and care about me and I was so stupid and didn't listen."

"Haz, baby, it's okay. I'm not mad, I just want you to be okay and recover the way you should, not by rushing it. You want a full recovery and be able to move, so you should listen to your doctor, love."

"I know, you're right. I'm sorry." He sighed, rubbing his face with his hand. "Fuck, I probably messed up my back."

"Don't draw any conclusions yet. I'm gonna call and we'll see. It's gonna be okay." I pressed my lips on his as he nodded slowly.

When I called doctor Russell and explained Harry rushed his recovery and may hurt himself, he sounded annoyed, which was understandable. He said Harry would need to come in for x-rays to make sure he hasn't injured the vertebrae any further.

So we drove back to the hospital and after the results of the x-rays came back, it luckily seemed he hasn't injured the area anymore, but he explained the swelling was significantly worse than what it should have been at this point. Bed rest was unavoidable now when instead he should have been moving away from it.

Despite the bad news, Harry decided to gain common sense and follow doctor Russell's instructions. He iced his back multiple times a day and stayed in bed, taking only short walks as he was told.