I had the urge to throw up at the large gaping hole that was left behind. He fell to his side with a thump and was dead within seconds. I looked up at my saviour and gasped to see my mother crouched over holding her stomach.

I dissolved my bubble and scurried to her. “Mom?" I asked worridly. She hissed and grabbed my hand. I looked down the hall and the sounds of fighting was distant but another frost giant could come around at any second.

We hurried into the room and I locked it behind us. My mother sat on the bed and breathed heavily all while trying to fight through the pain she was in. Then it clicked, she wasn't hurt... she was in labor.

.

Dad! I projected my thoughts to Loki and waited a second before I felt the icy coolness of his presence. Nessa I'm a bit busy at the moment. He sounded strained like I had caught him at a bad time.

Um.... Mom is in labor. I glanced nervously back at my mother and she looked back at me with a pained expression. I swallowed the hard lump in my throat and waited for my father's response.

Nessa I can't leave the fight. It will just lead more frost giants to you. Right now just stay with your mother. It usually takes awhile for babies to be born.

His icy presence left my mind and I sighed. Well he was no help.

“Nessa what did your father say?" Mother asked me nervously. I bit my lip and shook my head. “He can't come right now. There's too many." I told her.

She shook her head and groaned. “Well then we are just going to have to do this on our own... I hope I remember how to do this." she murmured the last part to herself. But I was more worried about the do it on our own part.

“W-Wait.... Dad said that babies take awhile!" I stutter as she starts to get up. She heaves a sigh and glares at me in annoyance. “Your father knows nothing about babies. This baby is coming. Now." she says lumbering into the bathroom.

“Oh God this can't be happening!" I cried as I followed her into the bathroom. She reached up and tore a few towels off the rack. She pushed past me and went back into the bed room.

I bit my lip and bit back a strangled scream.... this could not be happening right now. Not in the middle of a war! Oh my God! I can't do this.

“Nessa snap out of it!" My mother barked at me. I jerked back and stared at her as she placed the towels on the bed and went into the bathroom. Once she closed the door I hurried to the window and opened it.

I threw up my dinner and lunch. When I looked I could see frost giants fighting on the Bifrost. You could easily tell that the good guys were in gold and the bad guys were in blue.

Time to try out my powers....

I squinted and found a soldier struggling to fight a particularly fat giant. I held my hands out and made a fire ball in my hand. I teleported briefly and landed in front of the giant just as he was a bout to take one final blow.

I thrust my hand towards him and let my fire ball go. The ball of fire attached itself to the giant and started to burn a hole into its heart. Within seconds the thing was dead.

I turned to the soldier and helped him up. “Are you alright?" I asked him looking him over he nodded. “Princes you should get back to the palace. It is obviously not safe here." He warned me. I smiled and nodded before disappearing.

I landed back on the balcony and kept picking off frost giants from my position until my mother called out to me.

.

She was panting heavily and had sweat all over her face I grimaced and she grabbed my hand. I winced, her grip was like a python it kept getting tighter. “This baby is coming now!" she yelled. I winced again as she started to push.

All I could do was stand there and wish this would be over soon.

.

Thirty minutes later the sun had completely gone down but the fighting had still persisted. Now the palace was locked down. There were no more Frost Giants here, but the fight was far from over.

Mother was close to delivering her baby, and no one had come for us yet. I was now laying on the floor with my head down to keep my nausea at a minimum.

“Nessa get up here!" My mother screamed. I steeled my nerves and peeked up just as she let out one final grunt. Everything was silent for a moment as I held my breath.

She reached in between her legs and pulled out a baby. As she put it on her chest it let out s piercing scream. I sighed in relief and stood up fully.

I grabbed an extra towel and wrapped it around my scawling little.... “Uh mom... what is it?" I asked pointing to the baby in question. She rolled her eyes at me and peeked down at its privates.

“Its a girl." she sighed. I laughed, I had a sister!

Our joy was short lived though when another alarm rang through the palace. I looked up in alarm and my mom cursed. “Nessa we need to get into the bathroom." she said sitting up.

I grabbed the baby and held her close while my mother got up slowly out of the bed. I heard thunderous footsteps getting closer to us and I knew we were in danger.

I touched my mother and teleported to the bathroom. I helped her sit down and handed her the baby. As I turned she caught my arm. “What are you doing?" she questioned me.

I shook my head. “Protecting you mom. We won't survive if I don't." I explained with a small smile. I hurried out and closed the door locking it behind me.

Dad. I need you. I linked my mind with him.

I'm coming Nessa.

I nodded to myself and grabbed the large sword that my mother had discarded earlier. I held it in front of me as the rumbling stopped in front of the door and I took a deep breath.

The door blew open and I yelped in surprise.

When I saw who it was there was no mistaking my surprise.

Thanos.