18. I WANT A DIVORCE

Start from the beginning

"I am sorry about that. What do you want to do to him?" 

"Hmm, I have moved out of the room so that I can better mind my business, I will stop talking to him and avoid him as much as possible." She listed out her plans to Lisa.

"I bet he will come begging if someone like you doesn't talk to him for so long. Do you promise not to talk to him?" Lisa asked Lena, she knew well that her friend was the type who could not resist the urge to talk. She talked a lot about many things and everything. She was the one who made Lisa bold enough to talk back to people. Lisa used to be very quiet and feeble until she became friends with Lena. And she was thankful Lena unleashed that boldness in her. 

"Yes, of course. There is nothing I can discuss with him. He's too arrogant to even listen to people when they talk. He should go to hell," Lena said.

"I see. So, tell me have you called your dad to ask how he's fairing?"

The question threw Lena off balance, she didn't expect Lisa to ask her such a question. She knew her dad was fine, at least better than when she was with him. The maid Darian employed to take care of him was doing a great job and he was properly taken care of by the doctors too. She heard reports from Harriet, the maid.

She didn't want to talk to him yet, she was still mad at him for what happened but sometimes she thought about everything and wanted to forgive him, he was just a helpless man.

"You haven't answered me," Lisa's voice boomed on the phone again. "Oh Lena, I forgot I have an interview soon, I will talk to you later. Love you." Lisa ended the call.

Lena heaved a sigh, she tapped on the screen and searched for her dad's number. She was about to dial it when Darian walked into the house with Jay. She nodded her head to acknowledge Jay, picking the glass of water from the table, she hurried into the guest room without saying a word to Darian.

-

Darian walked into the room, pulled out his clothes, and went into the bathroom to have his evening bath. After he was done, he strode down to the wardrobe to get a few clothes to slip into. But he noticed the bedroom was bigger, he looked at the bed and the pillows were all arranged, he moved over to check Lena's closet and found out all her things were gone. He suspected it, the vanity table was empty and there was nothing on her side of the mirror.

He wore a shirt over his head and walked into the living room. Tina was cleaning when he got in.

"Welcome sir, I didn't know you were back." She greeted him.

"Where is my wife?" He asked, his eyes bloodshot and his face shimmering with fury.

"She moved to the guest room, sir," Tina responded sadly. She had tried to placate Lena by telling her to stay back in the bedroom but she refused, she had packed her things out with the help of Tina, muttering cuss words at Darian as she moved.

"Really?" He scoffed, placing his hands on his hips. He moved around the living room. Get Harrison for me outside. You two should come meet me in the guest room," he ordered, walking out of her presence. 

He turned towards the guest room, taking fast gaits. He got there and the door was left half closed, he walked in, his eyes searching the room for Lena.

She was in the bathroom, humming to a song that was playing on her phone. With calculated strides, Darian went towards the bathroom and pushed the door open, Lena screamed in fear.

Turning to him, she wrapped the towel around her body. "What do you want here?" She demanded, glaring at him. She hated that he could do whatever he wanted.

"Hmm," he looked around and his eyelashes batted. "I own this house and I am allowed to roam wherever I want." He leaned on the wall, folding his arms across his chest. "Why did you pack out of the room?" He asked, his voice soft and heart-melting.

"I am not interested in you or your money, I am not interested in anything that has to do with you, Darian." She yelled at the top of her voice, clutching the towel with her well-manicured fingers.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He flickered his eyes in confusion. Lena hated it whenever he did that, it set her heart aflutter and she didn't like that effect.

"It's supposed to mean you are arrogant, Darian. Too proud and you go around the place like you own it all. Agreed this is your house and you fucking married me because my father couldn't pay you the money he lent from you, but I won't let you disrespect me with your nasty words. Get out of this room please, I need my privacy." She pointed towards the door.

Darian stood straight, nodding his head with a small smile playing on his lips. Harrison and Tina knocked at the door but he asked them to wait outside.

"What's this about?" He asked, stepping into the bathroom, he closed the distance between them.

"What's this about?" She repeated scornfully. "Are you seriously asking me what this is all about? You are unbelievable." She shook her head, anger evident in her clenching jaw.

"Why didn't you go to the casino today?" He asked, gripping her arms. He pressed her back to the tiled wall and stared into her eyes like he was searching her soul. She struggled to break free but her efforts were useless.

Lena poked his chest angrily, pushing him away.

"Why are you so arrogant, Darian?" She yelled into his ears. "You said those derogatory words to me this morning and left the house without an apology and you come here to ask me some dumb-ass questions? Who the fuck do you think you are, Darian!" She yelled angrily again. "I am not interested in working at your casino, I am going to go out there and look for a decent job, and to burst your bubbles, Darian, there is nothing you can do about that!" She walked out of the bathroom.

With the towel still tied around her chest, she made for the door but turned back when she saw Tina and Harrison. She hurriedly donned a gown when they looked away from her.

"What are you guys doing here?" She questioned.

"I called them here and they are moving your things back to the master bedroom and to burst your bubbles, Lena, there is nothing you can do about that." He mimicked her. He ordered Tina and Harrison to come inside the room. "Pack her things back to the room, everything." 

Lena followed behind him as he walked out of the room, "You can't keep doing the things you want because you own this house, Darian. You can't keep doing this! I don't want to sleep in the same room with you anymore. What's so hard about that?" She sighed in frustration, her head was starting to ache.

Darian said nothing, he ambled into the living room and settled on a couch.

"I am talking to you, I don't want them to move my things. Go tell them to stop already," she stood in front of him.

"You won't give up here," he straightened out of the couch and pulled his hands into his pockets. "Get ready tomorrow, we are going to the casino together." He said in a final tone and walked out of her.

She moved after him but bumped against the couch, she fell flat and winced. Darian smiled as he walked into the hallway, he got into his study and slammed the door shut.

Lena stood up and went back to the guest room, she ignored Harrison and Tina. She clicked Lisa's number and sent a text to her. She looked at the screen and read out, "I can't take this any longer, I want a divorce!" She repeated the messages many times, not caring if Harrison and Tina were listening to her rants.

Faithy💓