Chapter 9 : Pleasant Surprises

Start from the beginning

I swore loudly and looked at the retreating cars furiously, earning glances from the students around the campus.

The car in front drifted smoothly across the roundabout, its tires screeching and its engine roared as it accelerated and sped off and out of the college, speeding with each second as the cars followed behind.

The other three cars suddenly halted to a stop in front of us and a very worried looking Alexander came out, shouting at his guards and running his hands through his hair,  giving out orders. He made a few calls before he came up to us.

"Do you have connection to the cameras on the highway?" He asked me frantically and I looked over at Enzo and gave him a nod, who started pressing a few buttons on his iPad before handing it to Alexander who grabbed it quickly and connected it to the cameras.

And there it was, the sleek black sports car speeding off on the highway with the two cars following her.

"Who's in that car?" I asked Alexander who released a shaky breath.

"Heather." He said and I frowned.

Why are they following her?

"Who's following her?" I asked again but he shook his head.

"I don't know but I swear I'll fucking kill them if they touch a single hair on her head." He said furiously.

We looked at the screen again and saw her car dodging different cars and trucks on the road, skillfully moving around them.

She surprised me once again.

The cars following her couldn't keep up and she dodged one swiftly, making it crash into a tree.

"Yes! Kick his ass Heath." Alexander said proudly as she swerved right and left, speeding faster and drifting at a turn perfectly.

Wow.

She left the other car quite behind, and the cameras switched, and she was now on another road, heading towards the college. 

As if one cue, we heard the roaring of an engine from a distance and her car soon came into view as Alexander handed the iPad back to Enzo.

She entered the college gates once again and perfectly pulled up between the black jeep and her brother's car, where her car was supposed to be. Her tires made a screeching sound when she parked because of the car's speed. 

As soon as the car stopped, bodyguards surrounded her car and everyone waited with bated breath for her to come out, nobody making a single move. 

A few moments later, her door opened and she stepped out, smirking at her brother as she shut the door and walked over to us, swinging her keys around her finger in the air. 

I looked her over and realized she was wearing an all black outfit, reveling some skin that made me want to touch it to see how soft it would feel under my rough fingers. 

The thought sent a rush of heat straight to my groin and I shifted in my position to adjust to the tightening in my pants.

She was beyond beautiful, her ocean blue eyes took people's breath away and when she smiled.. Fuck.. It was addictive.

When she first interrupted me by laughing during my speech, I wasn't angry even though I don't tolerate people interrupting me. 

But something about her laugh drew me in and when my eyes met her blue ones in that crowd, I couldn't look away.

When she looked away, I didn't pull my gaze from her. Instead, I followed her movements as she moved through the crowd gracefully and laughed with her friends. And when she put that girl, Olivia, in her place I was impressed by her.