Chapter Fifty-Seven

The sunlight beamed through the window hence the opened curtains, causing Aelia to stir. She groaned as the blinding rays hit her before rubbing her tired eyes. She immediately reached for the lukewarm glass of water at her bedside, gulping it down her strained throat, she sighed upon feeling a sense of refreshment.

Crawling out of her warm bed, she noticed her bare body and the marks that adorned it in the mirror. Heated and flushed Aelia's thighs twitched as she felt the oncoming soreness, and she sensed a sharp throb between them. As the ache settled she proceeded to pick up the shreds of silk that lay scattered on the marble floor before discarding them.

Taking light steps inside her walk-in wardrobe and selected a chartreuse silk gown, a tone deeper than the gold gown she had previously worn. Pulling the nightgown over her body she walked over to the bed before climbing back in. Her eyes then wandered to Cassis who was peacefully asleep.

The sound of his soft breaths had a calming aspect to it. He looked peaceful as he drifted away. For a guy, he had long eyelashes, Aelia thought to herself. His long dark lashes definitely complimented his face. Especially his sharp jaw that could cut through anything and his prominent cheekbones. His well-defined nose brought everything together and his entrancing blue eyes were the cherry on top.

They always brought her back to the ocean with each glance. She hadn't even realised she was staring at him until his arms drew her in closer. Her body pressed against his bare chest, and his arms were securely wrapped around her, encircling her in a warm embrace. She couldn't help but dig her head deeper into his chest. Despite being all sweaty, his scent calms her nerves and his warmth eases her mind.

"I'm sorry," Aelia muttered in his chest, her face reflecting the regret that swirled within her.

"I shouldn't have raised my voice, I'm sorry too." He wrapped his arms around her tightly whilst showering her with kisses on her forehead. She giggled and then sunk herself into his embrace.

"Mylady I'm coming in." Nora's voice was distant; however, Aelia's sharp ears immediately picked it up and panicked. Without thinking too much she shoved Cassis off the mattress and his body rolled beneath the bed. Rolling in a trolley with bath and body works, she walked into the bathroom and drew a bath.

Shortly after she exited the bathhouse with only used towels and empty containers in the cart.

"The bath is ready Mylady. I'll return to get you dressed." She left once Aelia nodded.

With a sigh of relief, Aelia slumped her body on the bed.

"One would think you were a sadist if they considered how often you wound me." Cassis uttered dramatically as he rubbed his sore arm, earning an eye-roll from Aelia.

——————————————————
The light hazel recurve bow was drawn till the light nock of the feathered arrow grazed her sweaty cheek. Despite having hair stuck to her moist skin she didn't spend time concentrating on the slight inconvenience she was far too focused on the target before her eyes.
After knocking the weapon she drew it back, tightening it and upon careful analysation of the distance, she swiftly let loose. Since the arrow was finely shot at high velocity, Aelia almost immediately hit the bullseye.

"So West Shorphia huh..."

Dean said, caressing his chin.

"I've looked everywhere on the map and I can't find the city."

"That's because it doesn't exist."

A direct answer came from Dean. Aelia who was a tad bit confused cocked her head.

"The name West Shorphia is a code name for a city in the Laurent Empire."

"Troevrlt is a remote and barren city in the North that has a population I could count on both hands, it's no wonder they changed their location to it."

"After I disappeared they probably thought I leaked the information to get by the day." Dean flexed his fingers before balling up his fist, Aelia stopped to notice the fiery fury that flowed through his pumped veins. Thoughts about the Guild always stimulated chilling reactions of dander when it came to Dean. Though he had come quite far he sometimes had a hard time putting his past behind him without an expression of longing lingering on his freckled face.

"Is Troevrlt far from the North's Capital?"

Aelia inquired as she drew a freshly sharpened feathered arrow from the quiver Dean held.

"It is, it would take a whole fortnight by carriage."

Despite the disappointment she still managed to hit another bullseye, this time splitting the previous arrow in half as it was penetrated by the new one.

"What do you think we should do in order to get there without unwanted suspicion?" The freshly cut grass lightly grazed the princess's palm as she sat herself on the estate's hunting grounds. High-grown trees towered over her and the chirping of birds and croaks of chipmunks infiltrated her ears as she downed a glass of water whilst wiping the sweat off her face with a fresh towel.

"As you know Loreal's perfumery is opening its first branch in the Laurent Empire.''Aelia nodded her head in agreement.

"And the location is at Deapixisle a port city near Troevrlt, we can use the excuse of going to the grand opening to them entre Troevrlt."

"That's genius." A grin occupied her face as she spoke.

"And how about getting to Deapixisle quickly?"

"Since it has a port we can set sail from the Capital's harbour and we would arrive in approximately two days if the waters are steady."
It was good to know that her plans would go well and that one worrisome thing had been scratched off her list. Dealing with the prince and Chloette has proved to be a challenge on its own, Aelia didn't want to come back from the trip bald from ripping all the long strands out leaving sore patches on her head.

The sounds of twigs snapping and rustling leaves were heard as their conversion died down. Aelia turned to face the intruders.

Nora with a silver tray in her hands followed by the pair of adorable twins.

Zade enthusiastically hopped on Aelia's laps and Zadira lingered around her waiting for her to pick her up.

"Esterlina sent a letter." Zade said while Aelia ruffled Zadira's fur.

Taking the letter from the tray Aelia carefully opened it and a smile grew on her face.

Standing up she placed the letter back where it belonged and started gathering her arrows.

"Dean, begin planning for the voyage to the North."

"And Nora, start putting together four gift boxes for the Academy, three for ten-year-old girls, and one for Adrien."

Nora nodded and bowed, leaving Dean to grumble about all the duties that needed to be completed. Before Nora went, she pinched Dean, causing him to swear under his breath.

TO BE CONTINUED...