Chapter Fourty-Three

ESTERLINAS POV

"The dormitory for the girls is over here first years."

Ueria, the head girl, led the rest of the girls and I to the dormitory after we were separated from Adrien and the other male arrivals.
She adjusted her fur cape, which draped down her long silky ebony hair, which was almost as dark as the ace of spades and as thin as a narrow alleyway.

Her accented voice was delicate yet demanding as she explained the history of the academy and answered most of the questions the other students had.

She ended her speech with another congratulatory welcome and the girls hurriedly headed for their rooms.
As I began to look for my room number I heard her voice call out to me.

"Your suite is not ready yet so you'll be sharing a dorm room."

She spoke, her eyes nonchalant and her voice as stoic as ever .Having a single room at the academy didn't appear to happen very often, judging by the evident cynicism in her tone. I must have been an exception.

I could already see the mental image Ueria had created of me.

'Spoiled, Stuck up and Collectively Haughty'
That was the common stereotype that hung around someone like me. The same preconception that my mother most likely fuelled after she got me the suite.
Her treatment was unusual, but I had a feeling I'd be dealing with it a lot.

I merely nodded and walked away, refusing to engage in any further conversation with her.
Fortunately, she let it go and made her way out of the dorm.

My steps were drowned out by the chattering of the girls who must have already formed circles.

As I ascended up the staircase in the foyer, I noticed the pillars that supported it and the statues that ornamented it. Numerous chandeliers hung above my head, each lit brightly by wax candlesticks.

"36,36,36"

I whispered to myself as I searched for a pearl white door with the number thirty six emblazoned on its surface.

After coming to a halt as I approached the third floor , I passed by five doorways before finally arriving at the thirty-sixth door which was the last in the long corridor. My keycard was swiftly placed against the access lock, making a beeping sound confirming my entry.

The room was serene, with cream curtains drifting softly due to the open window, allowing a gentle breeze to infiltrate and explore the space.

Two enormously sized already made beds were evenly spaced apart, and my luggage was arranged on the left side.

My gaze however darted to the balcony, where gardenia flowers were in full bloom. Other flowers, such as magnolia, jasmine, and even wisteria, flourished around its edge. The splendid metal railing was elaborately adorned with fragrant and radiant flora.

"Lovely isn't it."

As she approached me on the balcony, her honey-glazed skin glistened in the soft winter sun. Bouncy and luscious defined burgundy curls lay beneath her shoulders and her bangs nearly covered her light brown eyes resembling caramel.

"It's beautiful."

I said, still gazing at the flowers.

"You must be my new roommate."

She remarked, her eyes lingering on my keycard.

"Yes Im Esterlina de Lian, nice to meet you"

"Eloise Asante, Please call me Eloise."

"You're from the Asante Marquisate in the Gold Coast Empire right?"

Aelia had once given me a brief lesson on the southern Empire.