Chapter Fifty-One

Aelia's room was quiet as they both stepped out of the magic circle. It was already night when they arrived, as indicated by the crescent moon which hung in the dark sky accompanied by the brightest stars. Everything was exactly as she had left it, with the exception of the letter, which remained on the empty desk. The letter drew her attention since she had no recollection of leaving her letters unopened. When she first noticed the red wax stamp with the crossed daggers on it, the emblem appeared familiar to her. She proceeded to open the seal on the envelope and she took out the letter and began reading.

Dear Lady of Lian,

It has come to my notice that you're seeking an appointment with me.

As I am flattered I accept this and I am ready to offer the guild's services and specialities. I propose a meeting in a day at Morningstar's headquarters in Naelyra.

Aelia guessed Dean must have done his work quickly and efficiently. Getting an appointment with the Guild is hard enough let alone getting into contact with Hamper Shray the Guild Master. Even some higher nobles struggled with getting responses, however, Aelia had gotten her wish after two days.

"What's it about?" Cassis questioned, seemingly intrigued.

"The Morningstar Guild has gotten back to us."

On the way back to the Duchy Cassis had already been briefed about the current state involving the Guild and also about Aelia's plan to uncover more information about the secret organisation and the dragon experiments. The Red Camellia has posed a threat to Aelia and the lack of information clearly has her concerned.

After going through their plan once again and her departure tomorrow Aelia decided to freshen up with the pale moonlight reflecting in the warm milk bath.

After dodging Nora and Dean's inquiries regarding Aelia's whereabouts she was finally able to get out of the villa and to the front gates.

Neighs, perhaps uttered by the well-groomed white stallions tethered to the shaft, were discernible as the coachman prepared the carriage for departure.

Despite not being in the Lian Duchy, the free city Naelyra neighbours it as it lies between the Lian Duchy and the Ginovian Duchy.

The group consisting of Aelia, Dean, Clora and Cassis set off to the liberated territory.

The clip-clop of horse hooves trotted against the cobblestone streets as wheels thumped on the hardened cement.

The fresh smell of grain mixed with flowers erupted around Aelia as her head was out the window.

Her ash grey eyes appeared white as rays of sunlight hit her soft porcelain face meanwhile her eyes were unclear maybe by the blazing sun or the drowsiness built up by past days

Finally, her eyelids gave up and she went to rest. The last thing that lingered in Aelia's view was a confluence of cyan blue streams and coral rivers in the midst of the high-grown trees with tough barks in the woods.