Chapter Thirty-Five

The harsh stench of blood was the first thing she noticed.

In a cold room stood the indifferent prince.

"Why is he here?"
The girl thought to herself as she looked at the scene before her.
In this weird situation, she was an observer in the audience, given a front-row seat.

Before the prince sat a blonde girl, her hair was dirty and unkempt, her eyes looked dull and lifeless as she squatted on the ground in bloody and shabby rags.
Her whole appearance was dishevelled and unsightly as she kneeled before him.

"So it's come to this huh?"
His fluttering dark crimson red hair shone in the moonlight, a sneer echoed through the room,
burning amber eyes which contained no affection nor empathy were fixated on the girl's pitiful appearance.

A pronounced silence weighed heavily in the air.

Within that stifled room, even the sound of breathing disappeared.

"I warned you countless times about the consequences of touching what's mine."

"How dare you touch her!"
Caspian finally flared, his pent-up anger began to seeth as he thought about Chloette's circumstances.
His tone was harsh however it was nothing Aelia wasn't used to.

"Enough..."

"What?!"

"I said enough! It's always about her Chloette this Chloette that. What's so good about her? Why is everyone soo obsessed with her?!"
The prince provoked Aelia, her repressed irritation began to show as the source of her vexation was mentioned.

"Hah! So you tried to kill an innocent person because of your petty jealousy?"

"Innocent? Hah, don't kid me, that homewrecking wench is far from innocent, for god's sake she used her coquette ways to seduce an already betrothed man!"
Her grey eyes which had dullened seemed to withhold a darker shade of black than usual.

At her words, Caspian kicked her trembling shoulder with his foot.

"Never talk about her in such manner with that vulgar mouth of yours."
She landed on her back which was covered in thick and cruel scars derived from torture.

Teary pearls flowed like a stream as she looked into his cold and distant eyes, the large volume she tried to hold back began to pour.
She felt her throat closing up and she had difficulty steadying her breathing.

"After everything I did for you...for us! Why would you abandon me!"
A screeching scream was let out.
The aching emotions she kept bottled up finally burst.

"I only tolerated you because my father favoured you, know that he's gone nothing is keeping me from stabbing you with this sword."
The metal which had slain even demons reflected Aelia's face.

"You did this! You drove me to this uncontrollable madness....this overbearing insanity!"
At that moment she felt something in her crack.

"You never loved me, didn't you? All that time we spent together, it was a facade wasn't it?"
Aelia's voice quivered as she spoke.

"I've never loved you, I've always loathed and despised you from the very beginning to the very end."

"Now go join your mother and the rest of your rotten family in Abyssus."
Even now, his mocking tone was all Aelia could hear.

Aelia froze, not only her body but even time had stopped for her. She felt herself turn numb, everything in her vision was blurred even the sound of the sharp metal penetrating her stilled heart never occurred to her.

Bright red blood flowed from her dry and chapped lips onto her pale and quivering palm.

She hated it.

She hated that even in this tragic moment he was the only person left in her vision.

In her last moments, her pure warmth was finally stolen away by death's cold and dark embrace and her lifeless body fell to the marble floor.

In a pool of dark red blood lay the notorious villainess.

It was a death befitting of her character.

Aelia Elora De Lian was dead.

The girl in the shadows stared at the scene in distraught.
She watched as Caspian walked away from his final obstacle's dead and decaying body which strangely let out dark black smoke.

She had already read the scene, however, witnessing it in person was another story.

Aelia's death was wished upon by many fans however seeing it happen before her eyes pulled her heartstrings.
____________________________________

The darkness started to fade and Aelia woke up panting.

'It was just a dream.'
Her sweaty hand was positioned on her rapidly beating heart.

The first thing she noticed was shining black hair which fluttered in the bright sunlit room.

Cassis laid his head on her bedside as he sat on a chair beside it.

'He's asleep...'
Sitting up straight, her fingers fiddled with his fluffy bed hair.

"Mylady it's Nora."

"Come in."
Nora's face turned bright red as she looked at them however she composed herself before speaking.

"Mylady we have to get ready for the welcoming banquet it's already getting late."

"How long did was I asleep."
She rubbed her tired eyes.

"It's already late afternoon Mylady."

"Hah...I'll go take a bath."
Aelia patted down her robe and got out of the bed.

"Should I wake him up?"
Nora asked with her head tilted sideways.

"Wake him up in twenty minutes."
Cassis's sleeping face looked soo calm that Aelia decided to let him continue his beauty sleep.
——————————————————

"I need a coffee..."
The zombie who was none other than Cassis whined as they both got out of the carriage.

"Did you even sleep last night?"

"I couldn't shut my eyes till eight in the morning."
Aelia patted his pitiful self on the back.

They both looked towards where the melodious sounds and festive atmosphere came from.

It was the Zeiran Imperial Palace that stood grand on the most precious soil.
The gold of the palace served as a reminder to everyone that the palace which had been residence to several monarchs was something to be proud of.
The ancestors who built Zeiran from bricks to an empire made sure that the symbol of their prosperity would be treated with dignity.

"May I?"
Her blonde hair fluttered beautifully in the evening breeze as she asked for his hand.

"Gladly."
Without hesitation, he intertwined her fingers with his.
His warm hand grazed her pinkish fingertips.

TO BE CONTINUED...