Chapter Fourteen

'It's dark..'

The walls were closed in and the tiny space made it hard to breathe.

"It's just a dream."
I tried to convinced myself even though the feeling was very vivid.
I then curled myself up into a ball.

'It's cold.'
My shivering body which was merely covered in the black robe was sensitive to the occasional wind.

After staring into the darkness for a bit, a light appeared as if guiding me towards something.

"Mum, Dad..."

I muttered at the scene before me.

A family.

To be specific, it was my family.

The setting of two cheerful parents and a lovely daughter who was making them flower crowns in a meadow of beautiful flowers was soothing and harmonious.

The child's bright rosewood eyes sparkled with joy and her light brunette waves fluttered as the soft wind blew.

I smiled dejectedly at the long-forgotten piece of memory buried deep in my soul.

For hours I just sat down and viewed my past memories with my loved ones.

From smacking my dad with cake butter to me carrying my drunk ex to his apartment.

The hilarious memories cracked me up but also somehow helped fill the void of loneliness that I've been keeping buried for some time now.

"Whoever said letting go would get easy over the time, was a pathological liar."

Spectating the memories of my previous life, I suddenly heard the voices speaking to me.

"Come on Loréal!"
Mum said with a bright smile.

"Let's go Home."

Before I could take my father's outstretched hand, the hallucination dissolved.

And the space was covered with darkness once again.

The tears started flowing as my nearly dead eyes stared into thin air.

"No... No"

"Wait! Don't go."

"Please don't leave me!!"

Burying my head into my knees I sobbed as loudly as I could.

A cold sensation was suddenly felt on my cheek and I immediately raised my head.

Her pale hand was as cold as ice as she placed her palm on my cheek.

"Why are you longing over strangers dear."

The familiar voice made my whole body twitch.

The dark rosewood eyes were chilly and tranquil.

"Clinging to the past will only harm you dearest."
She said stroking my hair.

"How do you expect me to forget about my family!"

"But they're not your family, imposter."

At her words, my reflection was suddenly shown by a mirror.

My face distorted at the realization, it felt like a piece of me finally shattered at that moment.

The messy blonde hair and icy grey eyes weren't my appearances.

'Ha... She's right'

'Deluding myself isn't going to change the fact that I died and that I'm probably never going back again.'