Chapter Thirty-Three

Meanwhile, Adrien was left in thought.
The words Aelia whispered in his ear before their departure still occupied his mind.

"I'm leaving her in your hands, please take care of her in my place."

Her plead came unexpectedly, Adrien never thought about that type of responsibility.

Ever since he lost his parents at a tender age, he'd always stood in his uncle's shadow.

The usual feeling of inferiority wasn't the case for him rather he saw his uncle's shadow as some sort of shield, a shield that kept him from facing any obstacles.

In his short life, Adrien hadn't had any situations where he had to use his own efforts to look out for anyone or anything.
As the current and only heir to the throne his only responsibilities were taking care of himself and being able to amount to his already competent uncle.

So the thought of even looking out for someone had never crossed his sheltered and pampered brain.

'She doesn't even need protection.'
With his chin on his palm, Adrien glanced at Esterlina who was immersed in an alchemy textbook.
Her golden-rimmed circular glasses hid her amethyst pupils.
Silver curls resembling her mothers were styled in a low loose bun with a Barrett placed perfectly on top of her head

***
The huge golden gates of Xyrion Academy welcomed them as their carriage entered.
Esterlina looked around in awe as she stepped out of the carriage, Adrien followed closely behind her.

A tall building at the same height as average skyscrapers stood proudly in the center of all the noise.
Students from all around made their way to the register with their guardians.
The Academy was diverse, meaning a variety of people were allowed to attend without discrimination even commoners.
It all depended on your score on the entrance exam. A high Numerus Clauses would determine a future at Xyrion.

"Oh goodness look over there."
Some gasped in awe as they looked in Tessia's direction.

"It's Duchess Tessia."

"She looks more stunning in person!"
Compliments of praise flooded the halls as Tessia took elegant strides.

"I heard her youngest daughter will be attending this year, I guess that's her."

"Such rare beauty just like her mother, she even has the late duke's eyes."
The attention was then directed at Esterlina who walked alongside her mother like a poised and perfect lady.

"That family really doesn't lack in appearance even their eldest is unmatched when it comes to beauty. They must be blessed by the Gods."

"But who's the boy next to them?"

"I don't know but I guess we'll find out soon."
The gossip quieted down as Tessia, Adrien and Esterlina were nowhere to be seen.

"How can I help you?"
Inquired the secretary.

"I'm the current guardian of  Esterlina Sylvie De Lian and Adrien Tirion De Bellum."

"This is the consent from Lord Bellum his legal guardian."
The Duchess placed the white envelope on the mahogany desk.

"I see, please fill out this form."
A cursive and neat signature was placed on the sheet of paper meaning she had agreed to all the requirements.

"The entrance ceremony will be held in the Aureus Auditorium down the hall on your left.
Here are the keycodes codes for your dorms, you'll be escorted by the head girl and boy at the end of the ceremony.
Welcome to Xyrion Academy, we look forward to having you."

Without further ado, they head towards the already crowded and noisy auditorium.
"I can't go further than this, both of you have to find your seats on your own now, I'll see you after the ceremony."
Tessia patted their heads and left to where the guardians were seated.

The place was already crowded even though the mandatory ceremony hadn't started yet.
Adrien and Esterlina passed through several rows of seats before finding theirs.
They were in the middle row which had the best view of the podium.
It's was noisily filled with chatters and giggles of the first years who attended.
The royal blue seats which were comfortable matched with the royal blue and white formal uniform with golden embroidered patterns and the logo of the prestigious Academy.

"Isn't that Esterlina De Lian?"
Whispered a girl who sat one row behind Esterlina.

"I think so, my mother told me to befriend her."

"Everyone's parents gave them the same task, the Lian family is one of the biggest powerhouses in the Zeiran Empire if not the how world."
Even though Esterlina could hear about her being their hot topic, she nonchalantly ignored them and continued her conversation with Adrien.

"As I was sayin-"
Nonetheless, she was interrupted by a bright light that emerged from the stage.
A young lady who seemed to be in her forties appeared as the blinding light settled down.

Her long lavender hair shook behind her waist as she walked towards the golden podium.
Lilac eyes glowed with confidence as the lady looked towards the audience.

"Welcome ladies, gentlemen, and future students."
The sound barrier made her voice loud enough for others who were afar to hear.

"I am your headmistress Dr. Khatrin Verra."

"Presenting long and obnoxious speeches really isn't my cup of tea so I'll make it as bearable for us all as I can."

"As you know most of you will graduate from this Institution as future Leaders, scholars, powerhouses, and influential people."

"Ever since the humble founding of Xyrion Academy, students from all over the world have been guided through their paths an have received meaningful advice and experiences which they carried with them into a future after Xyrion. Xyrion's team and I hope to help you reach your highest potentials and open opportunistic doors for you all."

"As such, I'll leave it to the head girl, head boy, and student council to take over please give them a round of applause."
The crowd roared as the blue velvet curtains revealed the group of students.

"Greetings first years, My name is Ueria Zadith I'm your head girl for this term."

"And I'm Alexio Ostium your head boy."

"First and for most, on behalf of the other students, we would like to give you all a warm welcome to Xyrion Academy."
Ueria's calm voice swept over like the wind.

"Congratulations on your successful enrollment."

"Being a third-year I've attained the privilege to observe the Academy for at most three years."

"In that time we've worked with wonderful professors and students who always had our best interest at heart. The lessons, projects, assignments, and activities at Xyrion are specially designed to help you grow into magnificent young adults."
Alexio smoothly took over.

Esterlina's eyes gleamed at his speech of empowerment.

Adrien's blue eyes darkened as he noticed that detail.

"Why are you soo interested in this propaganda."
He asked

"It's intriguing."
Adrien only rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"What are you pouting about now?"
Without even looking in his direction Esterlina already noticed his foul mood.

"I'm not pouting..."

"Yes, you are."
She said leaning in close.
Adrien could feel his ear tips redden.
It must be a familial trait.

"I said I wasn't pou-"
His whisper was interrupted by a round of clapping.

After they received brochures, they were noticed by the student council to meet both head boy and girl at the reception for a tour of the premises and dormitories.

"Hi, Esterlina I'm Madelyn Loren."
The brunette girl with a posse of three behind her stretched out her right hand and twirled her locks with her left.

Esterlina just looked at her in confusion.

TO BE CONTINUED...