Chapter Eight

The red-head tried to find an opportunity to flee but before he could do anything, Nora pointed her dagger at his Adam apple and smirked.

"Oi, where do you think you're going, you better answer the questions before I reopen those wounds of yours."

The man fiercely glared at her, before shuddering at my cold gaze.

"Hah.."
He sighed sweeping back his moist curly locks.

After what felt like hours of interrogation, I could roughly put together the pieces of information given by the man named Dean

Apparently, he is an assassin/informant ,who was sent by the Morningstar guild to infiltrate the Northern Empire who were suspected to be the cause of the Monster outbreaks.
But he barely managed to get any information since he was found out and caught by the time he came back to the Zeiran Empire.

He escaped but couldn't avoid the huge amount of damage he had to take.
That's how he ended up, breathing heavily in this isolated alley.

"So you said their name was Red Camellia?"

"Yes, Mylady."
Dean said, wiping off the red bloodstain on the corner of his mouth.

"Hmm."

Normally I wouldn't be surprised after learning of a terrorist organization, since this was a fantasy world after all, but this piece of information that wasn't mentioned in the novel was throwing me off, I can't explain it but it was giving me an eery vibe. My gut feeling was telling me that this group was much more dangerous than they seems.

But for now, I just need to focus on gathering more information, so worrying about the newly discovered obstacle Red Camellia will be put on hold.

At first, I thought of using the newly found talented assassin as my eyes and ears but even though I was quite a shameless person I wasn't shameless enough to force someone to work for me.

"You should go back now, the guild is probably waiting for you."

His expression stiffened as he bit his lower lip.

"I can't go back.."

After hearing his low voice I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean by that."

"Before becoming an assassin I was just a normal civilian so after my parents died I had nowhere to go and I became homeless barely making a living, the guild master found me then took me in after noticing my potential."

"He offered a contract ,which I at the time thought was the best thing that could happen to me but after a while, I noticed it was a slave contract.
So if I return to the guild now I'm probably going to be killed off and if I ran away I'll die due to the Slave's Sigillum."

Hearing his explanation I grasped why he couldn't go back, either way, he was bound to die today.

"Haaa..."
I sighed as I looked towards Nora.