Chapter Fourty

The imperial palace's foyer exuded an imposing and grand aura.

The entryway, which had a rococo architectural style, appeared grandiose and crystalline.

From the ornate ceiling and wall reliefs to artistic and magnificent murals and stained glass windows, the palace was stunning and intriguing, gaining glances from Aelia who made her way to the ballroom.

Aelia came to a halt when she noticed a significant and well-known picture.

"Salvator caelos misit ad liberandum familiam imperatoriam."

An adage familiar to all in the Zeiran empire.
The female had a veiled face, but her lovely features and innocent eyes in a light shade of rosa, could still be discerned, as could the faint grin on her rosy lips.

Her soft countenance emanated holiness, which was expressed by her immaculate white garments and golden aurum accessories.
She had the appearance of a classical waltz melody, with pure grace and a dash of naive pristineness.

The high priest who received a prophecy from god Solarion went into great details during the making of his oil painting piece.
Gazing into the bluehead's pinkish eyes Aelia was reminded of the encounter she had the previous day.

She reminisced about the cool air that blew through the imperial palace's garden.
The day before the final ball of the hunting festival, Aelia was invited by the emperor for a cup of tea which wasn't too unusual considering their familiarity.

The Elysian Garden was generously landscaped with precious and rare plants from all over the empire and other continents, which even the highest of nobility were deprived of.

The pond contained valuable and mystical fishes whilst the fountain boasted its rich and pearly marble lined with gold.
Aelia moved gently across the area, her exquisite body that of an opulent aristocrat, softly admiring the wonderful setting.
Hearing footsteps behind her, she drew to a halt, gracefully turning her body and meeting eyes with an unexpected person.

Aelia turned around and returned to the greenhouse, not wishing to engage the visitor.

"Wait Miss!"

However the lady wasn't about to give up, she tucked on the sleeve of Aelia's gown in order to stop her.

Despite the lady's rudeness, Aelia remained cool unbeknownst to the fact that she was in an aggravating scenario.

"Mylady, please remember having decorum when conversing with other nobility."

Aelia reprimined the soft looking lady who still held onto her sleeve.

"Ah yes my apologies I just wanted to get a hold of you..."

She blinked a few times before focusing her pink eyes on the ducal princess.

"May I help you with something."

Aelia might have sounded harsh however her tone could easily be mistaken with her nonchalance.

"I-I came to apologise for the incident at the hunting competition."

"What?"

Aelia asked in a hushed voice, genuinely confused.

"I-If if Caspian"

Chloette looked at the maids who were silently avoiding Aelia and her as they conversed before she spoke.

"If Caspian hadn't saved me before you, maybe he would have saved you in time."
Her shrill voice was aggravating.

"Hic hic I'm sorry, please don't blame Caspian he has his reasons, it's all my fault."

Aelia didn't know if the sobbing girl had ulterior motives or not, however all she wanted to do was get out of the awkward circumstance.